“Top notch service”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Andaz for 4 nights of our Hawaiian honeymoon and what an amazing experience! I had the best customer service I've ever had in a hotel ever. Everyone on the staff did such a great job of making us feel welcome and at ease. The hotel is beautiful, brand new and much more modern than anything else we saw in Maui or Kauai (the islands we visited). My only complaint might be that the food and beverages on site are a little on the pricey side. The hotel itself is a tad pricey as well (fortunately for us we were able to redeem Hyatt Reward points to pay for our stay), but they definitely delivered the service you'd expect from a hotel at this price point. I would definitely stay here again if I visit Maui in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool view room. This was lovely for us because we love music and you could hear the p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Andaz Maui At Wailea

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I don't even know where to begin! We spent a week at the Andaz on our honeymoon and we didn't want to leave. Our stay was perfect, the staff are excellent - friendly and knowledgable. The food was very good, we used the market most days for a light breakfast and ate lunches round the pool. We didn't eat at Ka'ana Kitchen in the evening but Morimotos was outstanding. The cocktails were delicious too!
It's well located, the Shops at Wailea about a 10/15 minute walk along the beach path with a few different restaurants.
The pools were beautiful, no matter what time we got to the pool there was always somewhere to sit. Our room spotlessly clean and well looked after.
It had a chilled out but sophisticated vibe, it seemed to be predominantly young couples with quite a few young families and groups of friends etc.
We just couldn't fault a thing and really wished we didn't live so far away otherwise we'd be returning very soon!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was sent to work on a job several miles from my home in Wailea, Maui. The clients placed me in a garden view room in the Andaz Resort, Wailea, Maui. It was my first visit there since they opened the door just over a year ago.

The minute you arrive at the valet, you will know this place is a resort recreated from the ground, up. No front desk. A staff that is local, youthful, and allowed to be themselves. Local style. Great food. Everything operated with the swipe of an iPad. Good ambient music. Uber Stylish.

I entered my room and realized there were no doorknobs, as I searched for the bathroom. When I finally found the bathroom, It became obvious that the bathroom was actually the center of the room, and everything else was built around it! Holy cow, the shower "room" was huge and open-air so that the guest has the option to bathe totally revealed to the world, or not.

It was a "James Bond meets the Hyatt" feeling in my room, as most everything is controlled by pushing a button. There were hidden panels and and beautiful amenities hidden in little spots throughout. I loved the bed and pillows, but my favorite thing, oddly, was the absolutely PERFECTLY SIMPLE ALARM CLOCK! I am very tired of complex hotel digital alarm clocks. This clock was by far and away the best hotel alarm clock on Earth. Sounds weird, I know, but when working on a schedule, this matters.

Okay the swimming pool is maybe the best I have ever been in in my life. There are 3 layers of large infinite pools stacked above the lagoon-style pool, all leading out to the fabulous Ulua Beach. I am not a pool guy, but I took a plunge and didn't move for an hour. The pool-side food was very delicious and creative. The "sweet n sour pork belly soft tacos" were served to me in a bamboo box as I stood in the pool. I had to smile.

I cannot say enough about the individuality of the employees, whom were all encouraged by management to be themselves. This is so refreshing, as "corporate office" seems to often turn employees into clones.

Again, this is a hard place to check out of, even though my stay was a "work-related" trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank RandyB756
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've stayed at 3 hotels in Wailea and Andaz was, by far, the best experience. I think that any of the negative reviews were probably a result of the hotel being brand new: they didn't have time to work all the kinks out. Well, when I stayed there last week, everything had been ironed out.

The service was far superior to that of the Four Seasons (down the beach). Everyone who works there seems to go out of their way to make your experience a special one. For instance, when your bellman took us to our room, he enthusiastically described all that the hotel had to offer, how to use the modern tech controls in the room. When I remarked on how happy the staff appears, he said that they were all taken care of and that it was the best job most had ever had. That stuff really counts. There wasn't one impatient staff member and the whole vibe of the hotel felt like staying in a really accommodating home.

The brunch is $45, per person, without cocktails, but prepare to pay for it, because once the host gives you a tour through it, there isn't any possible way you can turn it down. The cold pressed juice bar was my favorite (ask for the orange/pineapple/dragonfruit smoothie)!

I truly hope they open up more Andaz hotels all over the world; and that they can maintain this level of service.

Room Tip: Pop for the ocean view; it's worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wow! This is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The property is simply stunning and the staff were amazing. From the front desk to the pool staff to the valet to the beach crew, everyone that we encountered was genuinely friendly and helpful. The housekeeping came twice a day and kept our room sand free (a tough job!) and immaculately tidy throughout our week stay. The property is so gorgeous, with a beachy modern feel. The pools are a good temperature and the beach is great. We snorkeled right off the beach and saw sea turtles, octopus, and so many colorful fish! I know this hotel is pricey, but it was definitely worth it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went for our anniversary and it was hands down the best place we've ever stayed. Rooms were modern and well kept- even when we left for dinner, we would come back and our towels were hung up and the room was tidy. Pools and beach were awesome. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

We also did the complimentary photo shoot on the beach and the snorkeling tour with the Andaz Beach Crew. I've never been on a snorkeling tour like the Beach Crew. It was very intimate as it was a small group and our guide, Koa, brought us to places to swim with turtles, octopus, and exotic fish. It was the highlight of our stay. Don't waste your time or money on going to Molokini- this is much more convenient and the best part was they took photos for us and its included in the package $110/ person.

The photoshoot was awesome but a bit expensive. If you want a la carte photos they are $50 per photo unless you want a package which can be 300+

I also recommend going to the spa, they have a nice steam rooms and jacuzzis. It's free if you are a platinum member with Hyatt. We even crashed in the spa relaxation room after we checked out to kill time before our flight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chibong
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This new hotel was outstanding. The service was nearly perfect. The room was simple and comfortable. The lanai had a gorgeous view of the ocean and pool area- the chairs, however, were uncomfortable (this is the only negative).

There are multiple pools, including an adult pool and one that is open 24 hours. The pools weren't very busy and the service poolside was great.

The restaurant was fantastic. However, try to negotiate your breakfast and your valet in your room price because it does add up after a few days. We didn't, but heard it was possible.

There is a beach path that you can walk along in both directions. The location can't be beat. We found a place a little ways down called Sarento's on the Beach. Amazing sunset dinner. Get a reservation!

I fully enjoyed my stay at Andaz and would definitely return in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tmoore777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!