3,225 results
All reviews ka'ana kitchen lavender lemonade lehua lounge hour market mokapu market ka ana kitchen bumbye beach bar resort fee rain shower morimoto restaurant beach crew modern design tranquility pool water bottles four seasons our honeymoon ocean view
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We just got back from our stay at Andaz and are happy to report that everything was excellent here! The walk up to the lobby is visually interesting and the tall light bright lobby is also a feast for the eyes. Check in was a breeze and they provide you with a refreshing drink while going over the property.

Our room was bright and beautiful. In fact it was the first time I've ever wanted to stay in my room because it was sooo nice. The rooms are built around the huge shower being the centerpiece, the stacked wall to ceiling sliding doors provide a sense of indoor/outdoor living, and I absolutely loved the stone flooring.

The fitness center was awesome for those who care; we used it everyday, sometimes twice a day (we like to work out while on vacation).

All hotel staff interactions were positive, the beach and pool crew were especially amazing, always on top of things. The pools were all nice and relaxing, especially the adult only pool for those looking for more relaxation.

The grab and go market has excellent food, the pizza and paninis were delicious. We chose to get dinner here a few nights to save money, and at times the food was better here than at expensive restaurants. Also, the lobster grilled cheese sandwich offered at the outdoor bar and pool areas is a must try!

The only negative I would note is the mandatory valet. As an active young couple, we don't mind walking a couple feet to park our own car. It was also an inconvenience as we woke up very early one morning (3:45am) to drive up to Haleakala to watch the sunrise. There was no valet in sight, granted it was very early in the morning, but if the Andaz requires one to valet their vehicle, the valet should be present at all times. We ended up calling the front desk to have them dispatch a valet who appeared to be sleeping in some back room. Also at one point I overheard a valet tell a hotel guest that the valet service was "complimentary" but it is actually $30 a night.

All in all we had a great stay and would definitely stay here again if we come back to Maui.

Room Tip: We stayed in a partial ocean view room that overlooked the adult only pool - it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Len S
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We just completed our stay here at this chic, contemporary hotel. We especially loved the free kids club! The rooms are smallish but adequate. The resort has wonderful views of the ocean and a multilevel infinity pool. It doesn't have a hawaiian feel but is very nice anyway. Loved checking-in with cold lemonade and all. They forgot to give us our water bottles but the problem was quickly fixed. They have water machines everywhere and pool attendants would routinely offer to fill out waters while lying out at the pool. My only complaint is mandatory valet parking. Because I am not rich, $30 a night is steep for me and I'd rather have a self park option. Because I would leave often , the tipping for valet also adds up which I didn't want or appreciate paying for. They also offer free shuttle anywhere within a mile of the hotel which would be nice if you didn't have a car. Food onsite is very expensive and they have nothing for kids to eat.(even the cheese pizza has sliced tomato on top)

The place overall would be best for a honeymoon as it's mainly an adult upper-end environment and the place has a very romantic feel overall. I would recommend the property but prefer the honua Kai hotel in kaanapali.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JeffreyGEN
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were super excited about our stay in Maui - it was my first visit to the Hawaiian Islands. I knew in advance that most if not everything would be more expensive, but I wasn't prepared for $50 breakfast buffets that quite honestly weren't anything great.
Lots for fresh fruit that was awesome and overall the food was great and unique to the area.
Housecleaning was a little inconsistent with our beverages in our room only being replenished once in the 7 nights we stayed.
Best snorkeling right outside of hotel on the island. Limited beach chairs and umbrellas which was frustrating if you wanted to sit on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky S
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The lobby at the Andaz Maui sets the stage for your visit, welcoming you to a property that is supremely elegant and at the same time easy & relaxed. The staff was helpful at every turn, offering recommendations which added wonderfully to our stay.
We shared one of the villas with another family, and you could use up your entire vacation describing the beauty that surrounded you. Wailea is one of our all-time favorite destinations, and the Andaz Maui is a true gem in this setting!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Group of us stayed here for our friend's wedding.
Reception area had spectacular view of the ocean with sandy floor, very impressive.
The Lavender Lemonade they served was to die for. It was the best welcome drink I've ever had.
Checked into the room, checked the amenities - great, complimentary drinks in the room were surprisingly generous and so were the granola bars and little snacks. It was a so-far-so-good type of deal until I opened the screen curtain...instantly put :( on my face.
GARDEN VIEW meant "PARKING LOT VIEW"
I was expecting grass and trees at least, not full of cars and concrete.
My friends got pretty much the same view and we all agreed that we shouldn't be facing parking lot for $500 a night.
My friends complained and got their room changed, but it became "partially" garden view but still facing the parking lot.

It was really unfortunate about the view, because everything else about this hotel was really awesome.
Ryan at the reception was super helpful with my request.
Would I stay again? Yes, as long as I get my room assigned at the right side of the hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends