“Elegant and stunning property!”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Elegant and stunning property!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have never felt so much like a VIP at a hotel. This arm of Hyatt knows what its doing to make every guest feel amazing. From the moment you arrive and receive a fresh flower lei, to the complimentary beverage during check in followed by the property overview as you look out at the ocean...oh its so wonderful! Love the layout, the featured architecture throughout, the rooms are minimalist fabulousness.
PLUSES:
Staff!!! Awesome people, superb service with smiles and friendliness!
Food!! Yummy options no matter where you dine
Rooms! great use of space, love the cleanliness of the whole place
Pools! 4 infinity pools and a great family pool too. Always space at each
Access to beach! Steps from the white sand
Ambiance!! Chilled relaxed vibe throughout, not over run with guests. Amazing live music nightly pool side
MINUSES:
Rain shower in bathroom could be larger in relation to massive length of shower(silly minus really!)
Brunch options- Hawaiians love their pork but my husband doesnt eat it so it was tricky for him to enjoy the brunch menu and the buffet was pretty steep for him to only be able to have fruit, eggs and juice, but this is pretty person specific.
That we had to leave.....can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely as far as we could tell. Some faced the parking lot that we saw so maybe not th...
Green Features: Pools seemed less chlorinated but still crystal clear. Low flush toilets, Light control options, leftover food donated, local food offered, local plants in gardens all show the commitment to the environment. The reusable water bottles given to each guest upon arrival doesn't hurt either!
4 Thank SamWD2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just spent half of our honeymoon at the Andaz and what a vacation it was!! Super relaxing, gorgeous accommodations, spectacular views, and everyone who was on staff no matter where they worked at the property were extremely wonderful!! We loved every second of our trip to Maui and would definitely stay at the Andaz again!! Don't hesitate to book here!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Moorpark, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Andaz is new. Definitely for "Sophisticated" and/or "Seasoned " travelers. Those will most appreciate the personalized service that is above & beyond detail oriented from the moment you step out of your rental until you leave. It is also refreshing to see the resort has many younger couples/families. There were couples with 5 yrs/ to infant attending & treated with the same service. That I feel is what makes this place special. They thought of everything that travelers most complain about & made those minor changes & upgrade them (You will notice). The rooms are small (boutique), yet layered well. 1st the bedroom, then the wide bathrooms & closets.*(I felt I had enough room for me, husband & clothing(just call for more hangers). Lovely touch of a beach area right in the middle of the lobby. What you will appreciate, not only do you have 3 infinite pools, one with a bar area that also serves lunch, but a spa, lagoon pool & an adult pool for quite & situated by the Spa. You also have infinite VIEWS - sit anywhere in the lobby or sit/stand or lie in bed & you will get the same infinite view you get at the pool. Finally, no fighting for lounge chairs & umbrellas. Excellent. The service buffet & menu style breakfasts at Ka'ama Kitchen is a wonderfully constructed "top chef" kitchen. Pricey, but worth the experience. It is vacation & there is a Market place to order individual items to eat to pack for day trip, coffee, ice cream & some toiletries. We also had dinner at Ka'ama Kitchen & the menu is fabulous with locally grown items & the service is beyond anything I had in a long time. Morimoto Maui is a sushi/sashimi restaurant that is owned & run by "Iron chef" Morimoto with a lagoon view & waterfalls. Anywhere you walk the concierge, valet & all employees stop & ask if you need anything or just chat. 100% valet, but you can take a shuttle care anywhere in Wailea area. :) I wouldn't understand what anyone would complain about, but at the same time, we are human. Thank you Andaz! A wonderful vacation for anyone. Aloha!

Room Tip: We were in room 604 - left side facing ocean(view) & we felt we were dead center to see both Mol...
Kinnelon, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel, a division of Hyatt, was spectacular. The rooms were a little small, but beautifully furnished with great, comfortable beds and a huge shower. The property is on the ocean, always a plus. The only minus is that this is really a resort for adults, not kids, unless they are little and happy to be with Mom and Dad all day. The restaurants on the property are terrific. The staff is unbelievably helpful and friendly from the moment you walk in 'til the moment you leave. A great bunch of young people, determined to help you have the best possible vacation.

Room Tip: The rooms with ocean views are more expensive, as they are everywhere, but well worth it. You'd...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 191LaurieF
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending 5 amazing nights at the Andaz from June 21 to June 26,2014. It was are first trip to Hawaii and we were celebrating are 25th wedding anniversary . We arrived after a 13 hour travel day from the East coast and we're greeted with leis , a chilled towel and lemonade . The check in process was seamless and they upgraded us to a full ocean view room ! When we entered the room there was champagne and macaroons in the room. The room was fabulous with a beautiful view of the ocean , the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept on and the rain shower was out of this world .

The service throughout are entire stay was unbelievable friendly and genuine , every employee at the Andaz treated us as special guest . The beach crew went above and beyond each day taking care of are needs.

The beach and pool are second to none, we would walk down to the beach each night to watch the most amazing sunsets . We hated to leave as the Andaz fulfilled a once in a life time vacation for us and I can not imagine vacationing at any other resort or location . Thank you to every employee at the Andaz you truly made are dreams come true !

1 Thank George L
Corvallis, Oregon, Usa
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It's not often that I've managed to meet the General Manager of a hotel while staying there. On our trip list last week at Andaz Maui at Wailea my family and I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Stephens during the outrigger canoe regatta that he oversaw. The attitude and the energy exemplified the experience we had during our entire stay. We interacted with at least 30 staff members during our stay and every single one had the same outstanding energy. I've come up with a new Hawaiian word (I'm hoping doesn't already exist). Every staff member exhibits Ki'i ... Kindness, Interest, Interesting. The staff remembers go out of their way to make everything feel like you belong there. I'm terribly impressed with the lack of nickel and diming. Yes, the hotel is expensive but there are lots of nice perks (going to leave those as surprises for your visit). The beach crew, bell staff and drivers, pool staff, and front desk staff and the staff at the Ka'ana kitchen were all amazing. We had two adjoining garden view rooms and they were very well appointed: Not huge but laid out nicely and very comfortable and quiet. I had opted for the included breakfast which was amazing although it would likely have been too pricey and too much food if not included as you just can't eat like that every day for breakfast. We also had a wonderful dinner at Morimoto's. I would say a bit pricey in general but the sushi combos are a lot of food and some of the best sushi I've had (and I've had a lot of sushi). I could really just go on and on about the staff but you will have to just go there. I can honestly say that out of the hundreds of hotels I've stayed in all over the world that this was the best overall experience I've had at a hotel.

Room Tip: It's Wailea... hard to have a bad room and even the parking lot facing garden rooms are extremel...
Green Features: The entire hotel is as green as I've seen so far. No glass at the pool and they encourage you to use the provided water bottle for beverages at the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul M
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returning from our stay at the Andaz Maui. Typically by the end of a vacation we are ready to get home to kids and pets, but if we had our choice this time we would have simply sent for them to join us! There were four of us traveling together for a conference and not many things to complain about.

Upon check in we were very impressed with the seamless way that we were escorted in from valets, greeted with lei's, and introduced to the person that would be checking us in. We had reserved and paid for an ocean view room that was ready early. I had read reviews prior to going and mentioned when we checked in that I wanted an upper floor for our ocean view. The person checking us in apparently either didn't hear me or brushed it off (really this is the only part of our trip that was a bit questionable) and when we were taken downstairs (the 5th floor is the lobby) to the 3rd floor it was apparent that we had an ocean view but not a clear one. I expressed some concern to the bellman that was helping with luggage and he immediately called the front desk and told them that I was not happy. The guest service person asked that we return to the lobby for a switch in rooms. When arriving back in the lobby it was a bit frustrating and confusing because I had no idea who I was to speak with or who was working on the room issue. Once I found the right person they moved both my room and the other couple that was traveling with us to the upper floor (5th) and the views were wonderful!

The rooms: The room is very small but really you are in Hawaii so are you really going to be in the room that much? We didn't have much of an issue with the exception of getting ready for dinners. There is one mirror and one sink in the bathroom and that can pose as a challenge. The rooms are very contemporary. The shower is a rain shower (wish there had been a handheld shower as well that some other rooms have) and sliding doors that open and give you a view to the ocean and the room. The bed was very comfortable! The chairs on the balcony...not so comfortable. There is a mini bar in the room that had three beverages in it and a couple of granola type bars (complimentary items) but because the items didn't really appeal to us and the selection was very limited we didn't utilize this. The hotel could definitely spruce this up a bit.

Pools: AMAZING VIEWS!!! Our first day we had arrived so early that we were able to get the day poolside and figure it all out...After that it was smooth sailing. We had amazing waitstaff and pool attendants the ENTIRE stay and I assure you we were on a first name basis with many of them when we left. The food ordered poolside is a bit slow to get to you but really you're in Hawaii so who cares...Just enjoy the sun while you wait! We would like to mention Christina and Heather as two of our favorite waitresses and unfortunately there were several runners and pool attendants that I would love to name but they don't wear name tags so I can't. A few reviews on this site mentioned that there were issues with the service poolside and all I can say is that if you have a little patience and are friendly to the people who are helping you there will not be a single issue!! Oh, a tip...Take a water bottle with you for the pool. The waitresses will keep you well hydrated and it makes it easier for you and them if you have something larger than a little plastic cup.

Food: We had several catered events and all was good. The restaurants are good but keep in mind that the food and drink overall in Hawaii is expensive so be prepared. Do the breakfast buffet at least once and enjoy all it has to offer. The service in the Ka'Hana Kitchen was good and so was the service at Morrimoto's. The Marketplace has sandwiches and salad to grab and go along with some breakfast items...I would say they are reasonable and good! A must is the gelato...FABULOUS!!! The Marketplace is also open 24hrs a day so that makes it so convenient.

Snorkeling can be done right off the beach of the hotel. The hotel has gear for $15 a day. I also heard that there is great snorkeling just down the beach at the Marriott so you might want to try that as well. We saw all that you would see on a snorkeling trip and we were on our own schedule so that was nice. Fish, turtles and a sting ray...pretty amazing!

Last tip...Head to Monkey Pods for happy hour at least once. It is only a short drive and the hotel will even drive you to the surrounding businesses.

Aloha!

Room Tip: 5th floor and higher if you have ocean view room. If you don't like the room let them know and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zayas2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!