“Great Service, Great Resort Layout, Great Rooms!”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Andaz for 5 days this past May for a friend's wedding. The first thing that struck me as I walked in was the modern and sleek opulence of the entrance and lobby. As you exit the open air hall leading from the driveway to the lobby, you are greeted by a breathtaking view of the ocean and the various infinity pools heading out from below you towards the beach. I had booked via a flash sale on Jetsetter, so I received a phenomenal rate for a garden view room. To my pleasant surprise, I got a room on the second floor (which is the same floor where the main outdoor bar is), with decent views of the ocean as well as the pools. Since I was on the second floor, and was one of the few single guys attending the wedding, easy access to the bar and the pools from my room was a great plus.

There were three different weddings going on at the hotel, and there were a number of very interesting people from all walks of life that I met there (a semi-famous chef, a hedge fund manager, a writer). The place had a very young and hip vibe to it which I loved. The location is extremely convenient as well if you like playing golf (which I do). The Wailea courses are literally 3 minutes away by car, and I played 2 rounds while I was there.

On a Friday and Saturday night, the (mandatory) valet parking situation can get a bit crazy, as the driveway gets jam-packed with visitors arriving to the hotel for dinner at Morimoto (an excellent restaurant I must say), or drinks at the bar who aren't necessarily staying there. Plus to make matters even crazier, there was a convention going on, which made the wait for the valet even longer at times. This is probably the only complaint I have about the place. Everything else was perfection - even the soap! It's the most unique smelling bar of soap I've ever used.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor allow you to walk right to the main outdoor bar and pool areas without tak...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have had 2 occasions to stay at the new streamline Andaz hotel in Wailea, Maui. In Maui yoiu should expect a good experience. The Andaz provides a great one. The hotel, resting on the Walea beach, has the latest in modern style, techie innovations and eco friendly operation. The staff fits well with the vibrant feel of the hotel While it is a family resort, it provides the kind of privacy desired by adults. It has great restaurants including Morimoto's and pool side service is the best. From receiving a fresh lei on arriving to departure, the hotel and its staff provide an experience to remember.

Room Tip: Get a beach view, but that may be all they have.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I just wrapped up a 6 day stay at the Andaz. It's a great location and property, easy beach access, plenty of pools to enjoy, rooms with a view (we were on the 7th floor overlooking the main pool area).

The valet and pool staff were great, very accommodating. We used the market for a bite a few times, very good and cost effective. We never ate at the restaurants on premises. I just couldn't bite off that price tag of them.

The rooms are really nice, the shower setup is one with a view of the outside. Nice design though in the end not very functional. The staff around the lobby area and at the restaurants were ok, that's my minus 1 star. I realized staff in their 20s should not be helping others with logistics. They were friendly enough just not knowledgeable enough to know what 5 star service means.

Also, there's no lobby bar or anything of that nature to relax with a beverage. That's not really a drawback, just a side note. The spa was nice enough as well.

Overall, it's a great property.

Room Tip: There's the main pool side or the tranquil pool side of part of the resort. We stayed main pool...
1  Thank scottieb50
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff are very helpful and go out of the way to help guests. The valet parking staff, most specifically Sherman, was super nice and helpful to us! There are 4 levels of pools followed by the beach - and we enjoyed all of these. Great hotel to relax in and has a very modern feel about it!

2  Thank Adarsh G
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Andaz Hyatt in Wailea is gorgeous, relaxing, and clean. It is right on the beach with gorgeous sunsets. You definitely want to upgrade to ocean view! We loved the check in process of NOT having to wait in a lobby line for check in! There is a market open 24 hours, which is great when adjusting to a significant time zone change so we were able get coffee at 3:00 am. The only downside would be pretty much like everything else on the island...bring a thick wallet! Everything is quite costly at the Andaz!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. Everything was perfect. We traveled with our two children(ages 5 and 6) and we all loved it. The staff is great on all levels: room, check-in, valet, pool and beach. Great people. I think the food is excellent. The Ka’ana Kitchen was so refreshing each morning. Excellent food that is fresh. It had good views and good service. The Mokapu Market is a hidden gem. On the last day we had a flight to Honolulu and they packed us a great box breakfast. It was very good.
The valet service is fast and they even have a car to drive you to nearby places.
The rooms are clean and modern. The house keeping staff is first rate. The views from the room are perfect.
What made the trip was that my kids felt comfortable in the kids club; while we got to relax. The staff that worked with them(Drew, Tahanie(sp), Dennis, and Tasha) all made the trip special. My kids said they miss Hub 808 as we are now home. We felt bad for about 2 minutes leaving them but then realized 9am to 3pm was a good amount of time for our kids to be busy.
Overall, this is a great place to stay. The staff never says no to anything and they find a way to make you comfortable. We plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason J
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting. This was our first trip to Maui and we were blown away by everything. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were well cared for. We will definitely stay at Andaz the next time we go to Maui.

1  Thank LoriO634
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!