“Great location in Wailea”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The new Andaz is a nice addition to the ocean front hotels in Wailea and I very much enjoyed two nights here in July.

The hotel has a modern design, with earthy colors and a lots of natural lights. The grounds are spacios and open, with several pools and relaxation areas. Both the beach and the pools felt much less crowded than some of the neighboring properties. There are several good restaurants in the hotel, as well as a lovely mini market. The breakfast buffet is wonderful! The hotel is located within a 10 minutes walk to the main shopping center in Wailea.

The staff was generally friendly and service-minded. We had a problem with ants in our first room, but were given a new and better room quickly. I would definitely recommend booking a rom with ocean view, as the ocean view is spectacular from the Andaz.

Both the staff and the guests were typically of a bit more younger crowd than what we saw elsewhere in Wailea.

Compared to some of the very best luxury options in Hawaii, I would rate Andaz as a great 4 star option. However, views and location is 5 star. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first destination on my first trip to Hawaii ever. It was a family trip with my parents and my wife. The Andaz staff was quite helpful and over all very courteous.

We had one incident with a rude staff member in the concierge but the management quickly stepped in and fixed everything.

Regardless, the property is gorgeous, staff is excellent, rooms are new and clean and spacious, and the atmosphere is just chill.

The only negative point is that the hotel is unnecessarily expensive on some cases (ie. drinks, food, etc). However, it's well worth it to bite the bullet and pay for the experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Do not pay any attention to the negative ratings that have been left. We had a fabulous experience at Andaz. There is nothing I can think of to complain about. Although the prices are not cheap for food, drinks etc - this is to be expected at any of the resorts located in Wailea. The service was outstanding, every andaz staff member we encountered was extremely friendly & helpful (especially the valets & pool staff). I would highly recommend staying at this resort

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Brittany K
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the Andaz so much I was compelled to sign up to TripAdvisor & write my first review.
The Andaz has gorgeous modern, open & inviting spaces. The pools are divine & were never too crowded.
The staff seemed genuinely friendly & welcoming & gave the place a relaxed feel and yet still really classy.
We travelled without our kids & enjoyed the fact that there were mainly couples staying. We would love to go back with the kids, but I know how much people appreciate quiet kid-free time on holidays (just as we did), so we would stick to the kid-friendly pool at the bottom & leave the infinity pools for the adults!
Fantastic food ... from the pupus poolside to the high quality restaurants.
The Andaz, and Maui, were worth the investment & made my 40th birthday celebration perfect.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sqeeka
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Awesome experience at the Andaz. My wife and I had am excellent experience at the Andaz. Super friendly and attentive staff. Great restaurants. Cool pool area, with great seating w/umbrellas. The infinity pools are super, with nice splashing sounds when the water spills over.

I Highly recommend for adults, not sure about family experience, although they have a zero entry kids pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Andaz Maui is a top notch resort.
From the moment you arrive you are treated like o'hana (family)
We had a great ocean view room, quiet, clean, modern.
mini bar items were complimentary and filtered water was available.
I found a great rate at Whatahotel which included breakfast for 2 , late checkout, and $100 spa credit.
we usually stay at the Fairmont but the andaz Maui is so much more, 5 pools, gorgeous beach.
You must stay here!

Room Tip: ocean view on the adult pool side are peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chad C
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked this hotel on a flash sale on jettsetter.com and got a $300 dollars a night rate with breakfast included. What an amazing experience. Impecable service, beautiful property with a private beach and 5 pools. Very few kids, more adult oriented. Nice spa and gym, modern and comfortable rooms, with a nice rain shower.

Breakfast is delicious, with healthy options from local farmers. But the most impressive thing at Andaz is the service. I've never been in a hotel with this level of service and attention to the guest. It's refreshing and maybe a new standard to be follow by the big chains out there!

Room Tip: Book an ocean view. It's worth it and you are worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicente R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Andaz Maui At Wailea

Address: 3550 Wailea Alanui Dr, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753-9518
Region: United States > Hawaii > Maui > Wailea
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Wailea
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Wailea
#4 Spa Hotel in Wailea
#4 Green Hotel in Wailea
#4 Luxury Hotel in Wailea
Price Range: £422 - £1,220 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Andaz Maui At Wailea 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Andaz Maui At Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Andaz Maui At Wailea