“Luxurious, sophisticated, unbelievably amazing”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland, New Zealand
“Luxurious, sophisticated, unbelievably amazing”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

WOW! I was absolutely blown away by the Andaz Maui at Wailea! My partner and I stayed here for a total of four nights and LOVED everything about it. We were upgraded on arrival to a deluxe ocean front view room (level 6) and our room was amazing. Modern, fantastic architecture and style, very cleverly designed, with the most incredible view of the beach, overlooking the adults pool.

Little touches that this hotel offer have to be mentioned i.e. free laundry for guests (this was a huge advantage for us as we had been travelling for 2.5 weeks), free mini bar with beverages and snacks (this was topped up daily), fabulous cocktails at Lehua Lounge (the staff here were AMAZING and the cocktails were fantastic, we went here every night), the amazing breakfasts at Ka'ana Kitchen (we were lucky to have breakfast included during our stay, it was such a treat to dine here every morning!), the gym was great - really modern equipment and I loved the chilled towels they offered, they were soo good! To things like our own Andaz branded water bottles - I have mine sitting on my desk at work and having cup cakes in our room as it was a birthday holiday - lovely touch.

I can not say enough good things about this hotel, doing a run along the boardwalk where the other resorts are located, the Andaz is by far the most modern and in my opinion the best looking.

Staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful. We were sad to leave, I'd go back again and again and again. Our new favourite retreat in Maui, a very special holiday, thanks to the wonderful facilities and staff at Andaz Maui.

Room Tip: Ocean front suite is worth it
1 Thank steph1907

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We went to Maui for our honeymoon and we were not dissapointed! The hotel is recently renovated with a modern feel and it looks great. The staff are incredibly friendly and everything run very smoothly. We drove up to the front door and our car and luggage were quickly whisked away as we were given leis and lemonade. Check in was easy and the room was great. We had a pool side suite with direct access to our own plunge pool, a nice touch. The bed was very comfy and the shower was very spacious. The bathtub was a squeeze for 2 people, but we managed. One odd issue with the bathroom was there were no places to hang towels! The refreshed towels daily, but its a bit odd to have to either throw your wet towel on the floor or drape it across the side of the bath tub. Another small issue was that the patio furniture was incredibly uncomfortable. Its made of metal bars and there is not pleasant way to sit in it. We gad to bring pillows from the bed outside to place on the patio chairs to make it tolerable. The couch in front of the tv was also very uncomfortable. These were small problems overall. The beach is beautiful and sandy. The water is warm. The breakfast is also very fresh and tasty. We had free breakfast included with our room, so we ate it everyday. At $45 per person full price, I don't think I would pay for it.

1 Thank VolleygirlRD
tel aviv
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The best hotel that we have ever visited - beautiful, modern, new, clean, great architecture and style, great service, not too big, good location. Everybody was so helpful and nice (except one waiter in Morimoto in which the experience was disappointing). Enjoyed every minute.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our family of 4 (2 boys aged 12) stayed here in July and I have to tell you it was the best resort and experience we have ever had. The rooms were clean, the staff attentive and the surrounds magical. We shared a deluxe ocean view room on the 6th floor which was great. We are so looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DC
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Andaz. The staff was always extremely pleasant, and the resort is beautiful with 3 infiniti pools overlooking the ocean. With a tropical storm predicted toward the end of our stay, the hotel made all the guests comfortable, moved the bar inside, and planned a number of activities. They take service to another level!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Andaz for 8 nights at the end of July. This was our third visit to Maui and our first stay at the Andaz. We had a garden view room which was extremely comfortable.The beds were great, the view was okay and unfortunately included the parking and service entrance. The shower is amazing and the blackout blinds on the windows helped when you wanted to sleep in. The pools are great but my advice would be to get there early for a lounger. The staff at the pools and the beach were very friendly and helpful in finding loungers when needed. The beach is beautiful. We ate at the main restaurant once for breakfast. The food was lovely but can be expensive. A more reasonable alternative is the 24 hour market which we frequented more often. The options are limited but there are certainly enough healthy choices. I might suggest providing a self parking option rather than only valet parking at $30.00 a night. Overall we had a great stay at the Andaz and would recommend it as a wonderful place to stay. The Aloha spirit is alive and well at the Andaz!!

Room Tip: We had a garden view room. It was certainly comfortable, the only downside was the noise from the se...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James G
Cleveland
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We visited a few Hawaiian Islands for our honeymoon, after being in Oahu we were hoping there was more to Hawaii once we got to Maui. Because of an impending hurricane, we had to go to Maui earlier than expected. Unfortunately the Andaz was already full for those extra nights. We stayed at the Marriott Wailea for a few days before we could check into the Andaz. I'm normally a Marriott person, but I have to say the stay there did not even compare to our time at the Andaz! My husband and I truly felt like our honeymoon began when we arrived in Maui...This is what Hawaii and a honeymoon in general should be.

Valet: upon arrival, I've never seen such attentive and courteous valet staff. Every time we used the courtesy car or needed our rental they were right there to help. They actually rush out to help you. But not in an uptight annoying way...they were still friendly but relaxed.
The drivers for the courtesy car were also so friendly and would strike up real conversations with us. They actually seem genuinely interested in what you have to share. It was so refreshing!

Rooms: the rooms have all top notch technology which was great! Including all access to lights and shades right from your bed. There were plenty of plugs and USB ports. The rooms were a tad smaller than expected which you can read about below in the Bad category. Rooms were super clean and we'll maintained and staff brings fresh shower towels multiple times a day without requesting them.

Service: I've never had better hotel service at any property. The rooms were booked under my name but upon arrival the staff made a note in our reservation to use my new married name for me and my husband which was nice. The other hotels we were at kept calling my husband by my maiden name even after telling them. The staff even remembered us by name when they would see us walking about. Kathleen in particular seemed to remember everything about our trip and would always check in. Everyone was so friendly and genuinely interested on our stories and our stay. That includes everyone from the cleaning staff to the concierge.

Cleanliness: we saw cleaning staff wiping down railings, elevator buttons, and other items that you don't typically see done at other hotels. We saw this on multiple occasions and the property reflected this as it shined and was very clean. Even the pool restrooms were spotless.

O hana room: we had a red eye out on our last day. The hotel has a room where you can relax or even shower and change before you head out if you have already checked out. This allowed us to enjoy the pool on our last day.

Price: keep in mind this is an upscale hotel. Food and drink are not going to be cheap but you have to remember where you are. To save a little money, we would sometimes do a quick breakfast sandwich in the hotel market instead of going down to the restaurant. The food was still made to order and was still delicious!

Beach crew: we booked a snorkel trip off of the beach at our hotel with the beach crew. It was an awesome experience. Our guide was amazing and knew everything there was to know about the ocean. Kaleo was our guide and he was native to Hawaii having spent his entire life in the water. He spent almost 30 minutes diving around and looking for sea creatures and especially an octopus because of our special request. He eventually only one and I brought it up to see and touch. He even shared some Hawaiian myths and stories and songs with us. It was an amazing experience!

The bad: the only small downside to our stay that we could scrape up were 2 small things. 1. We paid for a full ocean view however were a bit disappointed in what is considered full. It felt more like a partial view. I would just recommend the hotel consider being more specific on.the website description or.havw better pictures. I did mention this to the front desk staff and I will say she immediately looked into getting us a better view and called me right away. Unfortunately the hotel was sold out so we could not be moved bit at east the effort was made. 2. The rooms were a tad smaller than expected however still had all the amenities you could need. Really didn't seem to matter much but after coming from a king at the Marriott, the size was much smaller. Pictures online did make it appear larger.

Overall: I am a meeting and event planner for a fortune 200 company, planning hundreds of trips and meetings each year for corporate clients and I myself sometimes travel along. I have to say I have never experienced better service or stay at any property.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!