“The BEST!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

LA
“The BEST!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Love this resort.
You can have privacy, and luxury at the same time.
Make sure you get an Oceanfront room.
Worth every penny.
The breakfast buffet is a must, as well as The Kitchen for dinner. Locally sourced food, and delicious.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotels in Wailea are numerous and some are destination spots like the Four Seasons. The Maui Andaz manages to create a sleek environment, but not a destination spot in and of itself, so you get peace and quiet along with great amenities. The rooms are efficient and clever with their spacing. The restaurants are truly exceptional. Bottom line, you cannot beat a new hotel that does it right, which the Andaz does.

Room Tip: I believe almost all of the rooms have some sort of ocean front view. Doesn't hurt to always ti...
Green Features: They give you a water bottle for each person which you are encouraged to fill up as you leave. We always filled them up at the water / ice machines they have on every other floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank MachuTraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I rarely write reviews but felt that I needed to provide some feedback on the new Andaz hotel in Maui. From the moment we were greeted to every interaction throughout our stay, the service was top notch. There was a glitch in our reservation and Jonessa Holmes did her best to rectify it and more. She went above and beyond to make our stay as fabulous as possible! Thank you to the bakery for the scrumptious cupcakes for my son's birthday.

I love the aesthetic of the Andaz -- modern and clean lines with a hint of Hawaiian. Each space was well thought out to make you feel welcome. The finishes are gorgeous. My only complaint would be the rooms are a tad small and there are a lot of doors to closet, bathroom, etc.

The food and drinks were great. Really loved the breakfast every morning and the open kitchen concept made it feel less like a buffet and more like an experience.

The pool and beach guys were super cool and always made sure we had the perfect lounging spot. Loved that we could rent paddle boards, but make sure you check the weather. It can get pretty windy!

Thank you to everyone at the Andaz. Can't wait to come back again next summer if not sooner!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Melissa H
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had. Beyond the building and grounds being gorgeous, the staff was what makes this place. Everyone we encountered- valets, waitresses, bartenders, pool & beach staff- were friendly, warm, and seemed to be genuinely happy. Our room was beautiful. Breakfast buffet was delicious- get the custard to dip the malasadas, its amazing. Only thing wrong we found was the balcony furniture wasn't really comfortable and they could use a few more umbrellas around the pool decks... but these are so minor I still give this place 5 stars.

1 Thank Shards
Ferndale, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for two nights in August. This hotel is incredible on so many levels. The multiple infinity pools were perfect, and you never have to "stake out" chairs. The service is amazing- whether it be poolside, in any of the restaurants/bars- really anywhere in the hotel for that matter. If you're going to eat here at all, I suggest getting the breakfast buffet. At $45 per person, it is completely worth it.

Other positives:

They provide each guest with reusable water bottles to prevent plastic waste
Free wifi throughout the hotel- even had great service by the pool

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights here for our 5th anniversary. I cannot stress how amazing the service was here. Seriously, impeccable. From walking through the entry way and into the spectacular lobby, to having drinks at the Lehua Lounge and being taken care of poolside in our cabana (we rented one by the Bumbye pool), we were treated with such spectacular care and attention without it ever feeling fawning or obtrusive. We were upgraded for free to an full ocean view room and had a bottle of champagne chilling in our room on arrival.

We ate on site for all our meals (because we were on the island for 2 weeks, we just wanted to park our butts, child free and relax in peace), and the food was fantastic. I really loved the vegetarian pupu platter from the Bumbye Beach Bar and my husband waxed eloquently about the kimchi topped waffle fries. Our meal at the Ka'ana Kitchen was awesome too. Definitely try the lobster ceviche! Oh, and the cocktails? I think between the two of us, we tried everything on the list. Not one miss, though my husband adored the Holiday in Jalisco (with jalapeño in it - not spicy, but grassy), and I wads big fan of the Blush Baby.

We loved the creative layout of the room and the way the shower window opened to allow ocean views, and I totally dug the mini couch. My husband and I lived in Japan for years and the decor felt very reminiscent.

I cannot speak highly enough about this place. I only wish we could have spent longer!

4 Thank Alyson L
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

And that's not to say it isn't a great hotel, just that it works better for a very specific group of traveler.
Standard rooms are very small. A lot of functionality has been sacrificed for looks here. The result is a really lovely hotel that doesn't work that great for the traveler that values function, for example families or seniors.

The bathroom. Oh that bathroom, not sure what the thought process was here. It takes up half the room almost, but feels really cramped. There is one long shower area, no tub, with only a rainfall shower head. Shower is not all walled in and can open up completely to the main living/ sleeping area.( see review headline), it has little to no counter space in the bath so leave your toiletries at home. The shower floor is slippery so go easy on the soap. The floor in our room was tile. Low modernist showers that aren't walled in, soap and tiled floors do not go well with kids. Parents know what I mean.

That said it is very pretty and I'm sure there is a market for that but it's not the most workable hotel room I've been in.....one of the part prettiest though.

They do have suites and I think those might function better so if you can afford those, go for it.

Our room faced a parking lot and was next to what I can only assume is the pool pump....whatever it was, made a screeching high pitched noise all night so I can't say I slept well either in my cramped, modernist space.

Bottom-line, if the price is right, go for it unless you are travelling with kids in which case, get a suite or go to the fairmont or other hotels in the area. This hotel lacks amenities families would value ( microwaves in rooms, high functioning rooms, bathtubs) but it has it's own perks like a lobby view to die for, a great beach and no resort fees.

One just has to decide what one cares about more. Personally I would have paid a resort fee for my family to be more comfortable than we were here. Oh the staff members are great. No complaint there. Disliked the building, loved the people.

Would I return....yes, maybe on business or to attend a wedding or some other short stay. Family vacation? Not unless they do a Reno on their rooms. Gorgeous hotel though.

Green Features: Awesome, they walk the walk, plenty of green features/policies
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
5 Thank Shakinyi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!