“Better than Mama's Fish House”

Nick's Fishmarket Maui
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Fishmarket Maui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kaukahi Street in the Fairmont Kea Lani
Description: Nick’s Fishmarket Maui is one of Hawaii’s premier seafood restaurants, a favorite of both visitors and residents alike. Located on the grounds of the spectacular Fairmont Kea Lani resort in Wailea, Nick’s Fishmarket is the Valley Isle’s first choice in dining for any occasion, whether it be a romantic dinner, a family celebration, a business function, or just a night out with friends. Join us for our nightly Happy Hour from 5-7pm and dinner from 5:30-9:30pm.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was surprised by how great the food here was. Try to sit outside as it's a little steamy inside, and the terrace of the resort is very peaceful.

I kid you not, this meal was better than Mama's Fish House (where I've been twice). If you're in Maui, everyone will tell you to go there and, if you have time, you should do both. But just know that the food here is arguably better (even if the ambiance isn't as classic as Mama's).

TriStarMaui5, Manager at Nick's Fishmarket Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

We're so happy that you enjoyed your meal, Zach! It's always nice to hear when our guests are pleasantly surprised. Mahalo for joining us; we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This restaurant faces full west and there is no shade at all as the sun sets...every table is in the sun except for a small number of inside tables. It is blinding. so make sure you go after dark. Food was very so so for the very expensive price.I had the maui maui, my husband had copping and our daughter had filet. None of us had much to say about the food, whereas at other restaurants int he area we raved about the good food, here it was just so so. Our waiters were very impersonal. a Photographer took our photo at the table then brought the print to us to buy. We did but later wished we hadn't..it wasn't even a good photo and these days you can take your own photos for free. You can't even see the ocean from the restaurant. Don't bother with this one.

Aloha, and mahalo for your review. We're disappointed to hear that you and your family weren't impressed with our food or with our view (though you do have to visit before dark to see the ocean). We appreciate your honesty, however, and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your Maui vacation.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Someone recommended we come for dinner. The first time we came, we were shocked by the prices and did not stay for dinner. After thinking about it for a few days, we decided to try it out. This is a fine dining restaurant and so it is not a get in and get out experience. Strap in and enjoy your dinner & your company.

We started our night at the bar as we arrived early for our reservations. We ordered pot stickers, calamari, & drinks. We moved to our table when it was ready. We shared a soup, I had the Scallop & Pork "Adobo", my husband had the Beef Filet Mignon.

The portions were great fine dining. The food was rich, flavourful, and beautifully cooked & plated.

Generally my husband and I prefer to be left alone. Aside from the times we wanted a refill or to order something, we don't really want to have a conversation with our wait staff. I did remember trying to wave someone down to get our bill took a while and we had to wait a bit for a bill to be produced. Despite this, I believe this is worth a stop.

We're so glad that you decided to give us a try, Doris! We're also happy to hear that you and your husband had a chance to taste several different dishes — and that you enjoyed each one of them. Mahalo for dining with us; we hope you'll join us for dinner again next time you're on Maui.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Ate dinner here with my lovely wife after a spectacular sunset. We only had main courses and a desert so no appetizer review. I had the Mahi Mahi (least favorite fish but have to have fish in Hawaii) and my wife had Opaka paka. Ok this was the best Mahi Mahi I have ever had and maybe the best fish. Crusted with jasmine rice and a great sauce. The local fish (opaka paka) was with lemon butter.

Dessert was flambé strawberries!!!

Aloha, Martin! We are so happy that you and your wife enjoyed a romantic dinner with us — and we're delighted to hear that we changed your mind about Mahi Mahi. We're also glad that you had a chance to experience our Strawberries Panzini. (You can certainly see why it's our signature dessert!) Mahalo for joining us; we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I’m glad that so many other reviewers had satisfying experiences at Nick’s. As for us, we were disappointed.

The menu variety is quite good and the wine list is very thorough. The setting is pleasant, but it is Western facing and the sun can be very strong at dinner time.

The food was good. Not terrific and certainly not what we expected from a restaurant that bills itself as a seafood establishment. I had the cioppino which was priced at $59. Frankly, at that price, I found the stew to be rather anemic with very little seafood and a flavor that was lacking. I would have preferred to pay more and get a more robust dish.

Sorry Nick’s but you let us down.

TriStarMaui5, Manager at Nick's Fishmarket Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Aloha! We are sincerely sorry to hear that we disappointed you. Seafood is our specialty, and as such we regret that the serving of cioppino you received fell short of your expectations. We will be sure to share your feedback with our kitchen team. Mahalo for your review.