“Enjoyed a nice meal tonight....”
Review of Fabiani's Wailea

Fabiani's Wailea
Reserve with OpenTable
Fabiani's Wailea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had reservations but it was not busy so we wouldn't have needed them. In fact, over half of the tables were empty......

Service was fast and attentive without being intrusive. Wife had the Super Tuscan wine & I the Chianti, both good....split an Arancini appetizer, well prepared and presented. Water refilled at about 1/2 empty.Wife had 1/2 Ceasar(nice option, by the way) and Margherita pizza, which was Italian style thin crust and was quite reminiscent of our travels in Italy over the past several years. I ordered the Spaghetti Bolognese. Pasta was hearty but kind of expected the bolognese to be slices of Italian Sausage but instead it was ground. Tasty and filling on all counts.

I can see where the place would be noisy if it was full and/or a lively crowd at the bar area in back. Basically one big open room with wood floor. At least they were playing Italian music! With 1 glass wine each, about $30 per person + tip.

There are newer reviews for Fabiani's Wailea

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Fabiani's Wailea is the sister of the very popular Fabiani's Kihei on Lipoa St. I little less crowded still, it is quite attractive with a really nice and friendly staff. Lorenzo Fabiani is originally from the Cinque Terre and mama helped with some of the recipes. I work in Wailea and my favorite thing to do is stop in for a couple of drinks after work and take a pizza home. Did I mention that pizza is half price at the bar during happy hour? I like lunch here a lot too as the sandwiches and salads are terrific and good value. Dinner is very popular with some great pizzas and pasta dishes, salads and since the original Fabiani's is also a bakery, some 5 star resort deserts. Lorenzo's wife, Michelle has been a pastry chef at sever resorts here and does amazing baked goods. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it's a real treat.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

If you want American thin crust (rolled, crunchy) pizza (shredded, American style mozzarella, very greasy) then this is the place for you. We totally regretted this choice. Would have preferred a Little Caesars' pizza and that is saying a LOT. Service was OK, food was not. Priced like restaurant pizza but tastes like something from the fair.

3  Thank mmegav
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I were warmly greeted when we arrived and then told about their deal for restaurant week. Our waiter told us about it again and we told him we weren't interested in it (nothing on that menu appealed to us) and he seemed surprised. We shared the "angel hair martini" as appetizer. It was tasty and contained angel hair pasta, shrimp, tomatoes, and spinach in a light white wine sauce. We also shared a house salad that was good. We thought it a bit odd we were not given a utensil to divide up the salad, but were left to both out eat of the bowl!

I ordered the spaghetti marina with shrimp and asked if I could get the angel hair pasta instead of spaghetti. My husband ordered the spaghetti bolognese. The waiter seemed to have a difficult time understanding what we wanted. I stated twice that I wanted the pasta with shrimp. When our entrees were delivered my dish did not contain any shrimp. I flagged our waiter down to let him know I did not get any shrimp with my pasta and wanted to ensure we were not charged for them. He stated that he did not put them on the order. No offer was made to rectify the error. He also did not return to the table to ask how our food was. When he brought our bill he stated he did not charge us for the shrimp.

All of our food tasted good, and the focaccia that was served with our entrees was tasty. The young man who refilled our water glasses and cleared the dishes was very attentive. I marked the rating down due to the inattentiveness of the waiter. The restaurant is located in a shopping plaza and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant was quite noisy, partially because we were seated near the bar area and there were several lively customers there!

2  Thank UOtterTravel
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was always crowded! That should say it all! But I'm not a woman of few words.
We arrived in Maui late evening and had to collect the keys of the condo from the Gateway Pl. this took quite some time, during which we noticed the number of people going in at Fabiani's, and a large number waiting for a table.
The lasagne was particularly good! The cinnamon roll and the dessert avoidable, which is good as it'll help keep you fit!

Been to Fabiani's Wailea? Share your experiences!