“"Great Place to Stay"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wailea Beach Villas
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“"Great Place to Stay"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Wailea Beach Villas for 8 nights. We stayed in suites 202,204 and 206. All were great Suites with good views of the water. Lisa and her team and the team at the Front Desk were great and they helped me and my family with all of our needs and wants during our trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DestinationResortsHI, Guest Experience Manager at Wailea Beach Villas, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Aloha....It sounds like you had a wonderful family vacation at Wailea Beach Villas. Hopefully you will be able to do it again soon.

Mahalo,
Destination Resorts Hawaii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I usually stay at a hotel when on vacation but since we were bringing along kids we decided to try out a condo. I read a few reviews before deciding on Wailea Beach Villas. Although the base rate for the condo was pricey when you add up the cost of two hotel rooms (or a big suite) plus all the meals, the condo route definitely comes out on top.

Two trips to Safeway and food was done for the week. Although this may sound corny, I actually did have a good time cooking with the beautiful Pacific Ocean in the background. Housekeeping did the dishes daily which kept the work to a minimum. Don't get me wrong, I was on vacation and we did eat out for dinner twice and two lunches when we went to Hana and the volcano. However, not having to fight teenagers to get out of bed and go to a restaurant for breakfast every morning was definitely worth it.

WBV's were great. Top notch. There are cheaper condo's but you won't beat the furnishing, amenities (fabulous pools) and the location (next to the Grand Wailea and the Four Seasons). The staff treated us very well. On the last day we had a red-eye flight. Check out is at 11 AM but the front desk was kind enough to let us have a late check out. Very considerate.

Highly recommend WBV's. I will be back.

Room Tip: Suites above kids pool can be somewhat noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nathan M
New Canaan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed for a week with 2 daughters, 13 and 12. We all loved it. You have a private entrance, your own garage parking spot (though narrow), and our place, unit 312, had all the amenities you could ask for. We were BELOW the negative review we read about from unit 512, and well, just have different conclusions. The trucks do come by, but they were pretty much in and out, no big deal. The luau at the Marriott is sort of a hoot....to hear people applauding every once in awhile, and hearing the music was kind of a kick....we could even see part of the fire ending which was cool, and it ends promptly at 8:45. There was even a wedding reception on the roof of the Marriott--maybe this would bother some people, but we just sat out on the lanai, had cocktails and played wedding critics...it was fun.
We did have two issues: once the giant doors did not work, and once the elevator key did not work....both handled immediately by staff.
We went over to both Makena resort, Grand Wailea, and the Westin near Lahaina during our visit. All three reminded us of the good decision we had made. As an aside, their balconies were about 1/10th the size of ours....oh, and ours had a grill....we felt spoiled...
If you want a quiet, private, beautiful place with great views, no crowds and good security, this is the place for you. Our expectations were high, and they were met. Dealing with the owner was very easy.
My daughters loved the upper pool and hot tub and it was never crowded. Most ever there besides us was four people You could sit where you want, anytime of day. Try that at any of the big resorts. Landing a beach chair there and keeping it is a strategy mission. No thanks.
It really did feel like a home away from home. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Get a corner unit if you can....balcony is twice the size.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank StRaymond
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just spent 6 fabulous days at the Wailea Beach Villas. We booked the top floor penthouse and the views were amazing! The penthouse building is closer to the family pool/gym and the "villas" are closer to the beach. The staff was wonderful (Chesha, the manager was great) and the accommodations were pure luxury. We loved that the pools were never crowded and that there was always someone to setup chairs and umbrellas when we were at the beach. The kitchen is FULLY equipped and the viking grill on the lanai was awesome. With two young children, we are so glad that we stayed at the Wailea Beach Villas (we were deciding between WBV or Four Seasons). Great location, direct access to the Shops at Wailea, and convenient parking right outside the elevator that leads to our unit. (Each unit has its own elevator access and assigned parking). We plan to stay here again the next time we're in Maui.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the Marriott seem to be noisier (especially if there is a rooftop event)- so if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank annjack9
DestinationResortsHI, Guest Experience Manager at Wailea Beach Villas, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Aloha.....Thank you for posting your review of Wailea Beach Villas. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful time and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mahalo,
greensboro, north carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in unit 512 (a top floor penthouse) located on the far end of the building closest to the Marriott. I had researched WBV extensively and selected this unit mainly for the view. It is the most expensive penthouse (approx. $1400/night) and took some convincing of my husband to book it. I knew it overlooked (on one side) a parking deck at the Marriott and was told by the management company that there might be some "ambient noise" from the deck when parties were taking place on the top level. OK, I thought, I can live with ambient noise from parties. Little did I know that this was only the tip of the "noise" iceberg.

After nine days at the WBV here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Lovely unit, well appointed, top-quality all around
2. Beautiful view from the deck/lanai.
3. Grounds were gorgeous.

Cons:
1. The unit was very noisy! The parking deck turned out to be also be the entrance to a kitchen or something along those lines, so there were constant comings and goings with golf carts carrying metal kitchen items all day long. But this was especially problematic on Luau nights. Also, there is noise when carts back up. Also there are loud delivery trucks.

2. There were constant trucks, etc. driving into WBV parking garage directly below this unit. One morning as we ate breakfast on the deck at 6:30, a linen truck pulled up -- loud and hard to ignore -- and of course, had to back up. You can imagine how much we enjoyed the beeping.

3. The luau at the Marriott is an annoyance! In our unit, you could clearly hear what was going on. The music was not so bad I suppose -- but the woman talking over the loud speaker for quite a while giving instructions, telling the history of the luau, telling about the roasting of the pig, etc. was not pleasant. I could hear every word! After having heard her for several nights, I can just about do her routine myself. You can hear her even if you are inside the unit. So for four nights a week you can forget about a leisurely, quiet, restful cocktail hour on your deck (or lanai if that is what it is called….) Starts around 4:30 and goes til 8. I was not told about noise from the luau at any point.

4. It took three days for front desk and housekeeping to understand my request that we wished to have our unit cleaned by 1:00 each day. Seems simple -- front desk confirmed it was not an unreasonable request and could easily be accommodated --- but it took three phone calls to the front desk over three days to get this accomplished. Not a big deal, but when we can back to our unit at 1:00-ish after having been out since very early (we were U.S. east coast time) hoping for a nap or quiet time only to find that our unit had stilled not been cleaned was annoying.

6. The beach crew was not very nice. The first day I went to the beach to get a chair there was no one at the beach. I waited a while, then went back to the pool to ask the person there who could help. She assured me someone would be along in a while. I went back to beach and hung out for a little while when beach person showed up. "I did not see you" he said. OK. So we walked to to beach, he pointed at the chairs and said "pick one." When I pointed to a group of two chairs he said, "well which one do you want?!" (Geez -- sorry to be such a bother…) I wondered why I needed him if all I had to do was "pick one…"

Next day, husband and I show up at beach, no one there. We see several sets of two chairs and take one of them. About a half hour later, beach guy shows up. Is looking for two chairs that another guest had had set up for him a while earlier, but he could not find. (How about you just put two more chairs out for the guy and call it a day?) Asks for our room number. We give it to him. He walks away.

Comes back about 5 minutes later --"did you check in with us before taking these chairs?" We said no -- no one was there. His response "So you are the ones who caused the problem. From now on, check in with us before you choose a chair." You can bet I did not intend to check in with anyone after that….

All in all, we spend ALOT of money on this unit and expected a quiet location where we could enjoy the fabulous view from the deck/lanai. Why else rent a top floor unit that was very expensive in relation to those NOT on the top floor? I understand that management cannot control these things. But why was I not told something about the location of this unit? Someone at the villas should have alerted us to the noise from the kitchen area at the Marriott (which most clearly was not limited to "ambient noise" from roof top parties), from the noise from trucks, etc. coming to garage area right below our unit, and let us know that the luau was very loud and could clearly be heard from our unit.

(There was also construction going on at Marriott that just added to our woes. I suspect management company would not have told us about that either although project had obviously been going on for a while -- scaffolding had been erected. We had a nice view everyday of workers, and got to watch and listen to high fork lift which back up often, if you know what I mean.)

Although the place is gorgeous, the location perfect, I would not rent this unit again, or any unit on the Marriott side of the place. I also would think twice given what I experienced with WBV staff.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the Marriott side of the property. Very noisy, especially on luau nights.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
26 Thank dickens2
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Why stay in a tiny hotel room when you can stay at the Wailea Beach Villas? It's like staying in your own apartment right in the heart of Wailea! The property, staff, and rooms are all first-class...and I love that you get an assigned parking stall (so you can find your car!). Accommodations were immaculate, and I kept finding new gadgets and things in the kitchen I didn't know I needed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travel_rap
DestinationResortsHI, Guest Experience Manager at Wailea Beach Villas, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Aloha...We appreciate you taking the time to post your review of Wailea Beach Villas. I was excited to read that you enjoyed it so much and we would love to welcome you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Tracey and the staff help to make this lovely property special when you venture out in to the island to make great choices of activities and restaurants The condos are stunning and the property is magnificent.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Sheila O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 31 in Lahaina
Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Wailea Beach Villas? Share your experiences!