“Disappointing Tennis Offerings---”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Disappointing Tennis Offerings---”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were so looking forward to living next to an established tennis facility. It was very disappointing to learn that all they offered was one clinic early in the morning. We booked a court for $30 and were assured that they could find two other players for a mixed doubles game with us. A few days later we called to check if they had located two more players and were again told= no problem. We arrived on the day of our booking and the person on the desk said that the individual that was suppose to find us partners had messed up but that they would be able to gather someone for our next game. We never received a call in regards to a match at their facility. I would suggest that a sign-up sheet that would let players connect with each other might be the best way to go. There were always available courts as we wandered by and they are really missing out by not offering afternoon activities to gather folks together to enjoy this club. We would suggest a drop in round robin which includes a drink afterwards to meet & greet. They need a mixed doubles day, ladies' day, and a mens' day. These could all be money makers and fill the courts. Whoever is marketing this club is doing a very poor job and it will be sad to see that it must close due to poor management. If they are counting on being the only court in town they are wrong because along the beach in Kihei there are some nice public courts that were always available each day.(Next to the library and Maui Sunset condo complex which both have ocean views and parking.)

Visited November 2013

Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great place for family fun!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Love the courts, service and location. Always play here end of day - great for some family fun and exercise in the late afternoon sun. Can walk to courts from our Grand Champions villa. Very professional facility.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank relaxdtraveler
Vernon, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

It was our first time using this facility and had a wonderful experience. All staff were extremely helpful and professional. They offered us great deals for becoming members for the month of November. The pro, Kathy is a great teacher and I am going home with lots to incorporate in my strokes. I look forward to playing here next year!!

Visited November 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice facility but overpriced.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

$50 for one hour of court time near the end of the day was not worth it. Next time we'll just continue to play at the hotel.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mike B
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I researched this Tennis Club prior to going to Wailea for the recent wedding of my son. The attitude of this Club is appalling.....forget going if you are not ranked 4.0 or above. I attended one clinic and was not welcomed, the second clinic I signed up for, I ended up not even starting....the pro was so unwelcoming and downright rude. There was a complete disconnect between the polite reception desk and the pro.....they were not on the same page and I was caught in the middle....just wanted to enthusiastically participate. Some years ago, I attended the tennis Centre at Kapalua.....there, one was welcomed, politely and it was a pleasure to play, meet new people.
I cannot understand how the Wailea Tennis Club could be so rude.

Visited May 2013