Everyone has already said that the service and resort cannot be beat.
We booked a garden view room but we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room, which was nice. We were in room 520, which wasn't too far from anything. I think the south tower is more convenient than the north tower.
We spent every day at the serenity pool (adult pool). People do line up at 7 to get chairs. We did this every morning and then left to go get breakfast. If you come later than 9, you will likely need to get on the waiting list. Chairs do open up though.
Sign up for the (free) outrigger canoe program. We saw a bunch of turtles while were were out. It isn't too strenuous since you have a couple of guides doing most of the paddling.
We only left the resort one day to go diving with Prodiver, which was great.
My one complaint is the cost of food and drinks. I expected it to be expensive, but $45+ for an entree and $16 for a drink is ridiculous. All restaurants in Wailea are this expensive, Kihei is much cheaper.
Money saving tips:
- book your hotel with a preferred travel agent - this won't cost you anything and will get you a) room upgrade, b) free breakfast (either the buffet or $85 to spend on room service) and c) a $100 resort credit. We worked with Linda at Brownell Travel.
- fridge in your room - pick up some drinks/snacks on your way from the airport
- Spago has an early and late 3 course dinner for $49. Great deal since entrees are around $45 there. This is not heavily advertised so you may need to ask.
- Nick's Fish Market (next door at the Fairmont) has happy hour from 5-6:30. Drinks and appetizers are all under $10.
- Snorkels (right in front of the beach entrance) has sandwiches for $9.50. These are the same sandwiches that are $20+ on the pool menu.
We had a fantastic time and would definitely come back. Yes, super expensive, but such a great trip.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea
- Wailea Four Seasons