We had a truly remarkable trip to Maui at the Four Seasons. Our room attendant was one of the best ever (Maria) and we never lacked anything we needed. Service at the Four Seasons is truly special.
Our concierge, Kay, put together one of the best one day trips we have ever had. First, she got us a jeep for the day (our last day). We started at the sunrise over Haleakala. The words beautiful and mesmerizing do not do this view justice. We had original Hawaiian chants from one of the rangers welcoming the sun and all that it brings. It was the longest stretch of orange/purple/red we had ever seen on the horizon. Of course, we’ve never seen it from over 10,000.00 feet up while overlooking a crater atop the island of Maui, either.
We then stopped to have breakfast overlooking the Halekala valley at the place Kay had recommended. Best breakfast of the trip (although the Kihei Café was a close second!)—and another spectacular view.
That trip is worth the early rise and winding trip up the volcano!
Then she directed us over on backroads to a little cowboy town to buy some doughnuts at the famous Komoda bakery in Makawao. Amazing stuff…
We then wound our way up to the northern coast near the village of Paia. We shopped in some local artist galleries and then hiked up to see two beautiful waterfalls not far from the coast. Again, remarkable beauty (and some great fish tacos—can’t remember the name of the café).
After that adventure we headed back down to the other side of the island to try and find some local surf. Per Kay’s instructions, we stopped in Kihei and we found some great local “moderate” waves (I’m not a professional by any means). Another great stop! I had the longest surfing rides of my career (by career, I mean the 12 other times I’ve surfed at various spots, including the time I almost drowned in Costa Rica—another story though).
Bottom line, we had an early (4:15am start), exhilarating, and brilliant day and were drinking a cocktail by 5pm back at the Four Seasons. We could not have done it without the help of Kay at the concierge desk. Yes, we brought her some of the famous Makawao doughnuts from the Komoda Bakery!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a floor-to-ceiling transformation in the guest rooms, suites and beyond, the all new Four Seasons Resort Maui is taking perfection to new heights. Experience a better place to see, be seen, and be unseen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui At Wailea Hotel Wailea
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Wailea
- Four Seasons Wailea
- Wailea Four Seasons