“Beautiful and Relaxing experience”
Review of Four Seasons

Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the only place in the world that I am able to relax. I love this hotel and so does my family of husband and two teenagers. The architecture of the hotel is incredible and I so appreciate the detail. Beautiful gardens, delightful bedrooms, great pool area, super fitness center and lovely lobby bar. It is breathtaking there. The staff are gorgeous and so friendly , offering personal service to all. Always using our names and always speaking to us in that relaxing Hawaain tone! Ferraro's was fabulous for all the family. We could walk to other great restaurants . I could do my daily run along the coast which is such a treat. I did manage to turn myself into a beach bum which is unheard of. I thank the hotel for such a wonderful time from all of my family

2  Thank Marie W

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have had better experiences at this hotel. The check in staff did not place us in the room most suited to our needs and the attitude of some pool staff was very bad. Others were exceptional, hence further making the bad ones stand out.

Room Tip: not near car park
2  Thank jestws
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently spent our 20th anniversary at the Four Seasons on Maui. Everything about the place is top notch. It was heaven and I didn't want to leave. The staff were fantastic, the resort is beautiful, the beach is wonderful with great snorkelling. The concierge arranged diving and surfing for us and they were both great experiences. It was our first stay at a Four Seasons and now I am spoiled.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We loved the resort... Staff was great and the view is breath taking!!! We forgot it was summer time so there was a lot of kids at the resort. Definitely might rethink the time to take a vacation. No competition for the four seasons resort. They definitely set the bar pretty high.

4  Thank Zaragoza805
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A bit late on this review, but I felt I needed to comment since I just gave the Costa Rica Four Seasons (amazing resort) some love:) We stayed at Four Seasons Maui last summer and absolutely loved it! Upon arrival we upgraded to an Ocean Prime suite. The view from our balcony (which was four balconies across) was incredible! We had excellent service throughout our stay and truly can't say enough about this gorgeous property and the staff. Restaurants were all excellent! My daughters enjoyed paddle boarding and snorkeling. They still talk about the enormous sea turtles they saw while snorkeling. I personally enjoyed the spa and the beautiful Hawaiian sunsets. Can't wait to return to paradise!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 4Mainers
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We started staying here several years ago and now nothing else in the world compares. It has actually ruined traveling for my husband because we cannot find any other resort that even comes close(even other Four Seasons Resorts). Four Season's Maui is my happy place! I recommend going in September "Couples Season", the resort is less crowded and you can usually get better room rates.

Room Tip: Ocean view will make your trip!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kerry N
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Four Seasons Maui for 10 days in late June/early July. Overall, as others say, the resort is stunning and well maintained. As we walked down the beach to check out the Grand Wailea, Marriott and new Andaz, we were glad we selected the FS (although Andaz was very interesting as well). However, this is a large hotel (room wise) on a somewhat condensed footprint given the u-shaped design of the hotel. It means that the common areas can sometimes feel and be crowded. And, since this was a couples trip, I agree with many of the prior comments on the number of children running around (which is likely more a comment on lack of manners and discipline than the quantity of children themselves). All in all, wouldn't hold me back from recommending this spot if you are going to Maui, just know what you are getting for the hefty price. Some more specific comments below...

PRICE: it is what it is. Food and drinks are very expensive and that is expected. What I don't appreciate is an additional $25 a day charge to park the car. When you are already spending more than $1,000 a night and can't always get a chair by the pool, I don't think they should nickel and dime you for parking the car.

ROOMS: Very, very spacious and comfortable. Great extras like a charging station with 3 outlets, drying rack on the lanai, after sun lotion. Music in our bathroom didn't work most of the time. We were at the bottom of the U, so had a beautiful straight-on view of the ocean (room 747).

FOOD: Duo breakfast is one of the best breakfast buffets we have had at similar resorts. Had breakfast and didn't need lunch almost every day. Spago was so/so - a little pretentious and not sure the actual food warranted the pricing or attitude (the people greeting were less than welcoming). Lobby bar was great, great place to end a day. Great drinks, very pleasant service and good quick bites for those nights when we didn't want anything heavier.

SPA: I had two services, my husband one. All very good. Had a message in the hut by the ocean, nice but a little warm (I guess not a surprise). Also know that this is overlooking the beach so you hear kids yelling the whole time. Still great experience, but if you are very sensitive to sound you may want to stay indoors. Also, would think it would have been an amazing experience closer to the end of the day when the beach is quieter. Overall, spa area/amenities are small relative to other similar resorts (e.g., no sauna, no hot/cold plunges). Basically it's a small locker room with a steam shower.

GYM: I may be in the minority here, but I did not like the cardio equipment being outside. It was hot and steamy. Would strongly prefer the cardio offerings to be inside in the a/c. Also, weight area - which was inside - was relatively small and crowded.

POOL: Given this trip was just my husband and me, the serenity pool was our first choice (after the beach, which was really only an option until early afternoon when the sand started blowing). Since we are not one of those people that want to be up at 6:30 am getting a chair to put a book on it for most of the day and not sit in it, we often found ourselves waiting for chairs. Definitely not enough space in this area. Plus, there are many chairs being 'used' without a single person in site for hours given the above practice. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about that (have seen it everywhere we go), but something that is worth the hotel thinking about. The pool is beautiful, relaxing and such a nice feature for those of us without children. I just think they should consider how to make it more accessible.

SERVICE: Very good. Concierge was excellent in helping us select a couple of tours. They did tell us that we were unable to get a reservation at MaMa Fish House and then we were able to book directly via OpenTable, but who knows - there could have been a cancellation. Generally good servicing of rooms, although one evening we called for turndown service before we were leaving room and returned to nothing having been done. This evening was only important since we needed fresh towels since we were leaving the hotel early the following day for a tour. A day later, the manager of housekeeping came and found us by the pool to apologize. He asked if there was anything he could do - a little surprised (pleasantly) -my husband and I didn't have a response. Thinking about it after, sending over drinks or something to the room would have been a nicer touch. Finally, valet services were spotty at best. Even when we called down 10-15 min in advance for our car, it didn't seen to be a certainty that we get it quickly upon our arrival to the lobby. That being said, the people working valet were extremely pleasant, gracious and welcoming.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Bub9999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Four Seasons? Share your experiences!