“The BEST in Maui”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
Paris, Texas, USA
“The BEST in Maui”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had 13 family members staying between 5 rooms - all ages and all different interests and EVERYONE loved it! You can't overstate how wonderful this resort is. From the moment you pull in, you realize the service is spot-on. We ate at the pool several times, breakfast every morning at Duo, and Ferraro's for dinner one night - All of the food was delicious. Of course you are going to pay resort prices, but it was worth it.

The adult serenity pool is pretty amazing! The only complaints I saw in others' reviews were about too many kids (we don't have kids and didn't think that was the case at all), but I can't understand why they didn't go up to the adult pool. The most we ever waited for chairs up there was 5 minutes and we happily waited in the pool or at the bar.

Hurricane Iselle hit the big island while we were there and while the staff had to put up every chair, table, cabana, etc. it never inconvenienced us. They were very helpful and it ended up only sprinkling.

Like I said, there is no way to describe how wonderful our stay was here. The only suggestion I would make would be to book your "excursions" on the same days so you aren't wasting time away from this resort driving back and forth to Lahaina. GO!!

Room Tip: Request a room by the elevators! It can be a long walk in between them.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Maggie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,206)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is as lovely as I expected, and the service even better. I had been to the hotel over twenty years ago and it was still as wonderful as I remembered. I especially liked the various tiers for lounging from the pool down to the beach. Whichever your fancy they had it there (poolside, beachfront, or somewhere in between on a ledge or cliff, with single or double day beds, canopies or umbrellas). The service was especially attentive at the pool all day with lots of nice little amenities such as frozen bites or cold eye towels doused in chamomile, offered here and there. The room was simple but elegant and the entire experience took the edge off. Ate at the pool once and at the restaurant at the pool twice, once at the bar and the other time at a table. Food was good as was service.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are quite far from the lobby and pool/beach area so request one closer if that is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SES50
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Exactly what you expect from one of the top rated hotels in the world. Beautiful property sited perfectly on one of Hawaii's most scenic beaches. Several restaurants, bars, pool and beach service, adult pool area (much appreciated and used), spa, gym, salon and small shops. Nice rooms especially Club Level. Exceptional service.
Only negative is still a convention/business hotel but goes with the size and territory.
Convenient access to long paved beach walk great for a run or stroll.
My partner and I will totally stay again when in Maui!

Room Tip: Club Level is worth it.
3 Thank Kirk R
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We checked into the hotel to ride out the potential effects of Hurricane Iselle. The storm was a non event but the hotel staff were very well organized and prepared and our stay was over the top terrific.
I don't think the staff or facility could be better although the pool areas do get quite crowded, particularly the serenity pool.
The rooms are spacious and well finished, service is exceptional and all of the restaurants and room service were excellent. For us it truly was a sanctuary from the storm.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JPDBC
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I spent 2 weeks here last September, and it is difficult to put into words how incredible this hotel and the service is. This hotel doesn't give you a holiday, it gives you an experience which is unrivalled by none. With my job, I travel alot and stay in very nice hotels, but nothing has ever compared to this hotel. Arriving at the hotel, my wife and I were greeted (by name) upon the opening of the taxi door. We were then given the most amazing home made drink and checked in to our suite. This hotel is so good it compels you to write a review, the service from the staff is beyond attentive without being invasive, the attention to detail everywhere is incredible. I found myself looking for things which were below par and it impossible, the only thing I could find is, on one of the days, the blissful music which is played 'underneath' the water (yes, that is correct, peaceful and beautiful music is played under the water), was ever so slightly quieter than the previous day. I am kidding - This alone highlights how incredible the attention to detail all over the entire Hotel is.

For me to get there it was a 16 hour journey from the UK, and not cheap, (BUT, it is undoubtably worth every penny), but I will be aiming to go back every year for my summer holiday.

Very happy to have experienced it, and look forward to doing it all again.

4 Thank RiskyRyan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

In reality I could just write one word about this hotel. it would be "amazing".

I feel out of love with the 4 Season group after an appalling stay in their Hampshire Hotel in the UK. After reading the reviews and against my better judgement we decided to try another 4 Seasons resort. FAITH RESTORED. Maybe it's because "across the pond" the resorts are significantly better, who knows?

The hotel was exceptional from start to finish and catered for everything you could possibly wish for. The staff were excellent, the rooms were excellently appointed and larger than you could have hoped for. The restaurants we tried were fantastic, every one of them. The breakfast which was included in the price, was a breakfast fans dream. The buffet was so large and unmissable that on most days I didn't require lunch as I was still full.

The gym was well equipped but the clincher for me was the bikes set outside overlooking the sea. I've had worse views!

The poolside, though busy, had beds available at all times. During the peak sun they bring round cold towels, fruit and ice pops. Nice touch. Just a short few steps down and you're on the beach. They have free snorkels available for guests. Trust me on this. GET A SNORKEL.
The reef is yards from the coast. At first you seem fish, squid and a myriad of sea life. Then (this happened every day) it's there. The turtles you have been looking for. Swimming with turtles is one of life's pleasures and something I can't wait to do again. This really was the amazing holiday we were expecting.

My only slight gripe was the pool envy I had when I saw the pool next door. The four Season has a few pools. 2 are for everyone and 1 is adults only. The adults pool was packed every day and became a bun fight for space. The open pools had space but the main pool had a large water fountain in the middle meaning lengths were impossible.

Pools aside, and this is a minute gripe, the hotel is everything you'd want and a huge amount more.

Hawaii is a long way from London but wow at this hotel I'd travel twice as far.

2 Thank nikgarston
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel, room, service, staff, concierge, food....everything you should expect from a "Four Seasons": the excellence. We had such an unforgettable experience that we look forward to renewing it. If not in Maui, in any other paradise island where we can find a Four Seasons!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!