“This is a special place.”

Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
“This is a special place.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The best resort/hotel I've ever stayed at, by far. The people, the grounds, the people... just amazing! Did I mention the people? Had just come from the Four Seasons in San Fran, which was a joke so this saved the brand for me.

Honestly this hotel was so good it ruined the 3 other 5-star hotels I stayed at on the trip.

Adult pool was just perfect, with constant attention and great drinks. Wasn't as hard to get a chair as I thought it would be. Great beach too.

The room was huge with a great view.

This hotel had everything, even a Victoria's Secret model walking around on her vacation.

You. have. to. stay. here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,213)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Good hotel, but way too many people. You definitely don't get much for the price you paid. Very friendly and attentive staff, but other than that, the facilities were not enough for the number of guests. Had to wait to breakfast, playroom is always full, difficult to find place to sit around the pool/beach. Not exclusive at all. Very disappointed.

3 Thank 299lovetotravel
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I- all adults- stayed here for a few night near the end of August 2014. We had the time of our lives. I had a glitch at the end,but it was such a positive experience overall that I have to put that in perspective. Check-in was wonderful. We had partial ocean view rooms. They were wonderful. The staff are expert at at being gracious, friendly, incredibly service oriented and helping to make it a memorable and pleasant experience. The facility is superb. The restaurants are excellent. Two out of three of the concierge personnel with whom we interacted were wonderful. (We had to go back for a third conversation because the second guy gave us the feeling that we were pulling teeth to get info out of him. But that can happen anywhere.The third lady seemed to anticipate our questions, gave us a CD for the road to Hana (that her predecessor did not offer- it turned out to be priceless- and gave full and accurate discussions and descriptions of everything about which we asked.) The serenity pool is not to be missed. We got a cabana for the days on which we were not touring. I would go back just for that experience. I don't know that I've ever been more relaxed or happier at a hotel than I was at that serenity pool.
The glitch was my experience at the aloha suite. We thought that we had booked one of the rooms for one additional night so that when we had to check out at noon we would have a place to shower and change before our 9:30 pm flight. We told our travel agent to do that. She said she did and my wife and I did not catch it that she didn't. That is not a 4S problem. When we arrived and realized our situation, they did not have a room available for our last day/night because they were full so we couldn't book the room then for an additional night. That is not a 4S problem.
However, in my opinion, the aloha suite is woefully inadequate. The suite was over crowded. The locks on the lockers were not the same as in the rooms and I had to get security to get my belongings- even he did not know how to open the locks without his master key. I should have been given that information when I got the key to the aloha suite. The men's bathroom section of the suite was dirty and small- there were only two showers- and there was no place to change except in the sink room while people were using the sinks. That is a 4S problem. I saw a guy changing in the men's room at the Philadelphia airport the next day and thought that he might as well be at the Four Seasons in Maui. That is how I had to change while I was there. For me, it was an ignominious ending to an otherwise magnificent experience. For the record and in fairness, my wife said that the ladies' side was better. I told the front desk that it needed some attention. My son went there an hour later and said that it was clean and that he had the place all to himself.
I took his word for it and had a drink with my wife while listening to Hawaiian music and watching the hula dancer at one of the nicest bars in Maui. They are remarkable fast at bringing your car up- every time.
Would I return there? You bet.

1 Thank Mike M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This luxury (and really great) hotel could be better if they had some younger guests. The location is not perfect. The service is a bit slow. You don't have enough dinning options (so you need the car to go out for dinner. and even lunch cause the prices are ridiculous when you dine at the hotel). The hotel is huge, it took us almost 15 minutes to get to the room every time cause it was located as far as possible from the elevators, and our balcony was facing some engine room and the road. When you pay 550$ a night you do expect better.
Yet the rooms are great and we had a fantastic trip (and driving around the island).
Although we felt that the population on the main beach strip (in front of the hotel) was older here, almost no young people -
We did find a nude beach 5 minutes drive from here, with many young women and men. It is an exotic beautiful beach.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Justin A
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The absolute best hotel experience of our lives! Our family just returned from a week at the Four Seasons Resort at Wailea and were amazed by the service and quality of the hotel! Rooms are spacious, well appointed and clean. Extraordinary attention was paid to us from the moment we booked our trip. Concierge left a stuffed animal and bubble bath for my youngest son and a backpack for my teen in our room with personal notes on arrival. The pool and beach staff are amazing and never failed to exceed our expectations each and every day. Cabanas and lounges are plentiful and are personally dressed with terri cloth sheets and towels. (No need to rush to get a good seat at the pool- just show up and staff will take care of you!) Hotel Manager sent a bottle of champagne to our room because we mentioned it was our anniversary! Valet staff provided cold water and towels for excursions and we were walked out of the hotel by several staff who thanked us and asked us to return on our last day! All three restaurants are amazing (albeit very expensive but this the Four Seasons!) We are already planning for our next return trip!

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a bad room at the Four Seasons at Wailea! If you want a ocean view fine...
sydney
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is the ultimate holiday experience!
Nothing is too much trouble for them. They know how to make you feel special.
Everything about this place is perfect.
Highly recommend it if you are wanting the best on offer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank healey888
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The service is amazing at this hotel. Here are some of the things I really like about it.

Tennis - the tennis instructor, Darin Zerbe is amazing! He will change the way you play tennis, using a great and easy to learn system. Take a lesson with him if you make it to this resort. It costs $100 for an hour but, it is worth it. Their is also a free tennis clinic offered once a week and reasonably priced group classes, where he focuses on a specific part of the game (serve, ground stroke, etc.) The resort even provides tennis shoes and a racket if you don't feel like bringing one or leave yours at home.

Amenities - though the hotel is expensive, they don't nickel and dime you for anything. The following are complementary: kids club, snorkel equipment, wi-fi, the spa facilities (steam room), fitness center and great classes like yoga, hula, zumba, etc. In addition, the resort provides complementary coffee and tea every morning. Also, if you reserve a tennis court just to hit around on (which costs nothing), the spa will bring you shoes (in your size), a racket and balls…again at no cost. The resort also has a nice game room with a pool table, table tennis and a bundle of console video games (XBox, PS, and Wii) connected to nice flat screens.

I highly recommend this resort!

2 Thank S T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!