“Simply wonderful!!!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
tokyo
“Simply wonderful!!!”
Reviewed 5 November 2010

With our 2 toddlers we spent 10 days in Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea. There is not much to say, one should just stay in the hotel to see what it is... Everything was amazing!!! The stuff were great! Everyone was so nice! the service was excellent! And so many gifts our children received when we just arrived and were leaving! Especially for families with children it's an amazing place!! There is a child room with plenty of toys to play with. The pool was warm enough for children not to get cold and with many toys around. Even on the beach there were lots of toys. Our room was so comfy and bathroom was so big! From restraunts we liked Spago the most. Food in Duo was OK but not as outstanding as we could expect from luxurious hotel (maybe it matches american standards but when you are used to eat fine food it's dissapointing ).
In conclusion if we go to Maui again we will certainly stay there!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,213)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
Reviewed 3 November 2010

So I always get a little sad when it's time to leave a vacation destination. After all, it only means it's time to get back to reality..work, stress, etc. This time I cried (I am not at all a crier)!

What can I say about the Four Seasons Maui that hasn't already been said? First of all, Maui is heaven on earth! Staying at the Four Seasons Wailea was just too good to be true. We had the most perfect honeymoon I could have ever imagined. Our intention was to go on a few tours (Road to Hana, helicopter ride over Haleakala, luau, etc). Well, we made it to the Old Lahaina Luau..on our last night!! Why would anyone want to leave this resort?

We were pampered from the moment we got there till the moment we left. We got the honeymoon greeting (champagne, personalized note, rose). The day we were leaving, we decided to splurge on that "pineapple drink" we saw everyone drinking (I believe the drink is $20 each). Well, when the pool attendant brought us our pineapples, he told us they were "on the house" and said they were sad to see us go and hoped we would return for our anniversary. I mean, if that isn't great service, I don't know what is! Those were just two of the many, many things the staff did to make us feel special.

I know these people are trained to use guests' names in the restaurants, around the pool, etc., but it's amazing how they remember your name even when they see you around the resort. Every new person I met congratulated us on our marriage and asked us if we were enjoying our honeymoon. The day we were checking out, so many people wished us well and hoped we'd return the following year with a little bundle of joy. I can't say enough about this hotel's staff, the grounds, the food, etc. Everything was absolute perfection. Although at one point, we considered this trip a "once in a lifetime" splurge, we now feel that this is a treat we deserve at least every few years.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DianaNJ78
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This place is unbelievable! There have been so many good reviews, I'm just going to hit some high points.

The service: The people are SO nice and fall over themselves to help. On one occasion I was at the scuba shop which is right next to Ferraro's. A waiter dropped a glass on the path next to me. I wasn't wearing any shoes as I had just come from the beach. One of the waitresses brought me a pair of slippers and 4 different people came by to appologize to me for the inconvience of broken glass.

The Food: We had the breakfast buffet every morning. It was always amazing and even though you pay more for it, it's totally worth it. We had Ferraro's for lunch and many many cocktails. We were never disapointed. We had dinner at Duo's and it was outstanding. We didnt LOVE Spago. Too fancy for our taste, but if eating foods that are decorated so elaborately you can't identify it, this is your place. *The food at this resort is the best I've ever had, ever. With that said it's crazy expensive, so if you have to pack granola bars and head out elsewhere for dinner, it's worth it to experience the best place this side of heaven*

Amenities: In the room you get the holy trinity plus shower lotion, after sun lotion, packet woolite, q-tips and more! Maid and turn down service. Housekeeping does a great job. There is a charge for parking ($20 nightly) and wireless internet. There are so many cool things to do at the resort, you really dont need to leave. Snorkel gear is complimentary as is the outrigger program ( I highly reccomend this). You can rent boogie boards, canoes, and paddle boards. The paddle boards are crazy fun, give it a shot. There is a really nice game room where there are video games, shuffle board, billiards, and ping pong.

On Celebrities: Yep they come here. On our stay Mick Fleetwood, Jerome "the Bus" Betis, and Larrry Flynt were all there. We didnt see them, but some of our friends did.

Overall impression: I LOVE THIS PLACE! It has become my mission in life to visit the other 54 four seasons. If you can swing it, it's just amazing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank cschuten
Wailea, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We live in Maui part time, but needed to stay in a hotel for a few days. I was so impressed with the rooms, service and staff that I still think about my stay there almost daily. If you are going to Wailea, there is no better hotel.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Just got back from 4 nights at the Wailea Four Seasons and 4 nights at the Four Seasons Manele Bay/Lanai. The Wailea/Maui facility was excellent - from the service, amenities, room, spa, fitness center all the way through to the meals at Spago and Ferraro's this was one of the best vacation experiences I have ever had. I read some reviews that mentioned this hotel being a bit "pretentious" - I saw none of that from anyone there during our stay, we met some wonderful people. The staff was extremely attentive, when we mentioned on check-in that we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary they promptly sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. The property was extremely well maintained, and the pools were excellent. The cabanas by the newer infinity pool were amazing, they even had loaner Kindles if you wanted one which was a nice touch. Although the meals were pricey (wow, $34 breakfast buffet? Really?) they were excellent. Our meal at Spago was tremendous, we selected the 7 course tasting meal with wine pairings. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the food and surprisingly well versed in the wines. Many have commented on the scarcity of chairs/cabanas - this was not an issue in late October but I could see where it would be in busier times. One comment proved to be spot on - the views are not exactly 100% ocean facing - the rooms are all at an angle, so you get an ocean view if you paid for one, but not straight on. And this property is not directly on the beach, so you may (depending on the room) also have a view of other building tops between you and the beach. This did not mar our enjoyment of the sunset views, but it is important to note if you are seeking a resort with unfettered ocean views and the sound of waves crashing in the background. We mostly heard the traffic at the valet stand.

Overall I couldn't have been more pleased. The "Four Seasons" Manele Bay on Lanai was another story entirely. If I had to to it again, I would have spent all 4 days at the Maui facility and just visited Lanai by ferry. Stark contrast between the two properties in both quality of hotel and service. If you are thinking of visiting both do yourself a favor and just enjoy the Wailea property. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank storageguy
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 October 2010

My husband and I stayed for 8 days celebrating my 50th b-day. I usually stay in 4 star hotels because we certainly can't afford this all the time BUT - do it just once in your life because there is clearly nothing like this hotel. It was more than you can imagine. Everything and everyone there was soooo classy. I can not list in this review all the great things about this hotel except that it is beyond belief. Splurge just once and you will not regret it.

1 Thank Meeche1
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 26 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons for 5 nights during our annual trip to Hawaii. It was our first trip to this hotel, and we had high expectations due to prior stays at the Four Seasons on the Big Island. We were a bit disappointed. Is this the nicest hotel on Maui? Probably. We explored the Fairmont, the Grand Wailea, and the Ritz, and the Four Seasons seems to top them all. Our main complaint is that the hotel is just too crowded for the price.

Things we liked:
- staff is friendly, as you'd expect.
- beach is lovely; location within Wailea is nice
- outrigger canoe program very enjoyable
- beautiful view from adult pool
- Spago exceeded our expectations
- the hotel has local artists in the lobby each day, so you can decide to check out their booths or not.

Things we didn't like as much:
- As others have noted, the pools are crowded, especially the adult pool. I had hoped that it being September, the pools wouldn't fill up as fast. Wrong. We had to be at the adult pool by 7:20 every morning. Then there's the ability to leave for only an hour at a time (2 hours for lunch). We had a few occassions where after a morning walk or some other activity, one of us had to go back to check-in before we could get cleaned up or grab breakfast. To me, that's just ridiculous, especially when you're paying so much per night.
- Our rooms were far from the elevators, and our partial ocean view was a view of the ocean about 500 yards away. I normally don't mind walking, but the walk wasn't scenic at all (just inside the hotel cooridors).
- I felt the rooms and most restaurants did not have a good sense of place. The rooms are pretty generic and you could be anywhere. Ferraro's lunch menu does not use many local ingredients (eat at the pool instead). The spa is generic luxury. Even the main pool looks more LA than Hawaii and you can't even see the beach. I did apprecaite the Hawaiian artwork in the hotel common areas, and wish they could have incorporated it more into the rooms themselves.
- Pool service at the main pool wasn't great. We waited for towels and water, and were offered very few of the goodies that make a Four Seasons experience what it should be. We had the opposite experience at the adult pool, where service was wonderful.
- cardio machines are open-air but tucked in a corner without a great view or a nice breeze. It can be quite muggy outside in Maui. If you can, a jog or stroll on the beach path is the way to go.

Overall, its a nice hotel and I think if we'd gone here without ever going to Hualalai, we'd have liked it more.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nydisneygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 7 in Wailea
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea? Share your experiences!