Recently returned from an 8 day stay at the Fairmont Kea Lani. We love Wailea and have stayed at the other hotels and villas several times. This was our first visit to the Kea Lani.
The staff was wonderful--they were all friendly and helpful. Our suite was a fifth floor prime ocean view and the view was indeed lovely. The large lanai was a plus. The room's decor looked very dated and the mattress was terrible. The average highway motel has better bedding these days. For the money Fairmont charges, the beds should be top-notch. In addition, our room was terribly noisy. We could hear housekeeping carts rolling on the tile hall floors all day and part of the night. In addition. if the sliding door was opened, the children's noise from the pool below was loud, so the a/c was on nearly all the time.
We ate at Cafe Ciao, which was very expensive for their "casual" restaurant. We didn't try Nick's Fishmarket, preferring to eat off the grounds for most dinners.
Lack of regular maintenance shows. One night we had the inconvenience of the water being turned off from 10pm-6am in the entire resort.
I had 2 excellent massages at their spa--definitely recommend that.
With a little effort, the Kea Lani could be so much better--Wailea is a wonderful area to stay on Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea