Just returned from a one week trip with my finance and our two young children (eight and one year old) at the Fairmont Kei Lani on Maui. We could not have been happier with the location (we knew we wanted to stay in Wailea) and the service and amentities of the hotel.
Upon check in we were upgraded to a partial ocean view suite (we had booked a Fairmont suite=garden view). The staff was very friendly upon arrival and we were checked in our room with our bags there in less than 10 minutes. The room is large (850 square feet) compared to other properties and very functional. While I do agree with some prior reviews that the furnishings could use some updating this did not detract from the room. The room was very clean and housekeeping came twice a day to maintain the room. We were in Maui to spend time at the pools and the beach so the style of the room was not a problem for us.
The resort grounds are very beautiful and well maintained. There are three pools, one of which is for adults only. The pools were very clean and well maintained. The hotel is scheduled to renovate the pool decks later in 2010. We never had a problem finding lounge chairs at any time during our stay (regardless of the time of day). Families will love the two pools that connect by a slide. The lower level pool has a lot of areas that are only three to three and half feet (good for kids). The adult pool is very large and is very relaxing.
The hotel is located about 100 yards or so from Polo Beach which is very calm and seems like a private beach. The beach is only accessible from the Fairmont or the Polo Beach Club next store. Based on that, it is less crowded than Wailea Beach which the Four Seasons and Grand Wailea front.
We only ate one breakfast and one lunch at the resort. Both were very good. Here is a list of where we ate and a brief description:
Duo (Four Seasons)-great ambience and but our meal was so so. Was very pricey.
Five Palms-very nice beach side location and good food.
Cafe O'Lei-good food and resonable prices. Downside is the restaurant does not offer any views.
Cheeseburger in Paradise-would skip this all together.
Mamas Fish House-Is a must! Lives up to all the hype!
In summary, I have stayed at the Four Seasons before and it is a wonderful property. I am very glad we picked the Fairmont and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea