“Never fails”

Dining options: Delivery
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Never fails”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I have boosted this place more times than I can count for lunch and even their dinner. It's a wonderful environment. The staff is friendly. The food is prefect. Fresh. Made to order every time. The salads are so fresh toy would think they just picked the food from a garden in the back.

2 Thank maealice

Rhode Island
“Oh yeah!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Seriously loved this place! We were touring the nearby New Bedford Whaling Museum two days after Christmas. I was with my fiance, his sister and her two children (ages 12 and 7). We started the museum tour, but the younger child became hungry. We checked at the museum desk if we'd be allowed back in if we left for lunch. The answer was yes. Then we asked where they recommended we go for lunch. They mentioned a very closeby place that was like a TGI Fridays type of place (blahhhh...) OR this place called Destination Soups.

Well, I thought the kids would be interested in the chain-like food fare when they heard about a TGI Fridays type of place. I was instead pulling for the soup place, but didn't want to let on. Well, luckily I was traveling with smart children! They, too, wanted to check out Destination Soups!

What a find! It is in very walkable distance from the museum (ask for directions), but it's basically one block up one cobblestone street, and then about 2 blocks down another street (near the Zeiteron Theatre).

I loved, loved, loved everything about this place. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the food was awesome. My fiance and I are vegan .... and they even had a daily vegan special right there on the chalkboard menu, as if they knew we were coming. (Note... it's not all vegan! There are plenty of meat items for you, if that's the case!)

If you get soup, you must get it in the bread bowl. Why? Because I said! It's scrumptious!

My fiance and I split a hummus / veggie sandwich also and that was fantastic, too.

I just can't say enough good things about this place. I'm sorry, I thought afterwards, that I didn't leave a tip. You order at the counter and then they deliver the food to you. I just wasn't thinking things through. Hopefully my positive review here will be considered a tip!

The only bad thing is.... I don't live in RI anymore, so I can't just pop in here whenever I feel like. I'm 1,200 miles away in Alabama. Waaaah! When I visit this summer, though... have those vegan specials and bread bowls ready for me! You will be seeing me again!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank pattyp814
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Serendipitous soup stop”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I were walking in New Bedford after a visit to the whaling museum.
"I am hungry" says I.
"I could eat" says he.
So, we walk for a bit. "Chinese?" "Too heavy" "Irish Pub" "Too expensive."
Then, we stubble upon Destination Soups. It was a light in the darkness, a rest for the weary, a warm, soupy mix of casual yummy friendly light-fare deliciousness. Perfect. Highly recommended.
I wish I could go back today.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sandi L
New London, Connecticut
“Fantastic Soup and Vegan Options”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stopped here while visiting New Bedford for two days and ended up stopping by for lunch the next day, too. I wish this place was in my own town! Easy to eat plant-based (vegan) here. The chick pea soup is amazing. My son loved the "pizza sandwich."

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank winky t
New Bedford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Soup”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Their tomato basil soup is the best. Real ingredients and really delicious! Nice people serving good food. Completely comfortable and inviting atmosphere. So glad they added the evening hours Thursday-Saturday. The dinner entrees are a very tasty addition to their menu options. Also recommend any of their vegetable soups and chili's, they all are remarkable flavorful. Also, they have lovely sandwiches to choose from, but you must try their grilled cheese.

• Visited October 2013