“No Honors, just a bad attitude, air conditioner, and smell”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Bedford
“No Honors, just a bad attitude, air conditioner, and smell”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Checked in on a business trip. Both my co-worker and I got handicap rom with two tiny beds. Although I have not been a rewards member as long, my coworker is a Platinum member--he got the same room. Everything was clean, but the smell of dead fish permeated the room. The smell outside is unbelievable--awful. The air conditioner rattled all night. The next morning I asked the manager about why no queen or king bed--she basically told me ithat I got what was paid for. Never had a problem before. Must be the manager.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our property. We apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Due to our waterfront location, there is sometimes an odor due to the working waterfront across the street. As far as the bed type, we are extremely busy at this time of year, but we do try to upgrade reward members when at all possible. I do not believe you spoke to me regarding this issue, you must have spoken to the front desk agent. Again, my most sincere apologies for your issues with your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Boston
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was a quality business hotel in a decent part of New Bedford. However, be aware that there is a ton of road construction going on all around the hotel. Because of the construction, it was very difficult to find a way to actually get to the hotel. The hotel itself was decent. The room was clean. Breakfast wasn't too bad considering it was free but the food area did get crowded.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. The downtown New Bedford area is undergoing construction at this time, but it will be compete soon. We do hope you visit us again when the contruction is finished to see the result!
mumbai
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Well , me and my friend came here around 10 pm and were just there for the night. The staff was courteous and showed us our room which was very neat, and pretty large compared to small rooms we stayed in during our trip.
the breakfast spread in the morning was adequate and i specially enjoyed the waffles. The hotel looks out into the whaling harbour of new bedfored and we got nice views of the sea in the morning.

No complaints during our stay and i would not hesitate to recommend this to others.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for you review. The entire staff is happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!
Boston, MA
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights for work - The rooms were definitely new and extremely comfortable! I was very impressed with how nice the hotel looked!

The staff were very friendly and helpful - definitely felt well taken care of.

My only qualm about the whole thing was the breakfast... I know, free breakfast, but come on... microwave eggs in weird little packages like hot pockets or something. Chewy home fries... depressing fruit selection. This is the only reason I knocked a star off....

This place is also located within a few blocks of everything you'd want - ferry terminal, whaling museum (which is FANTASTIC), restaurants, bars, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are always happy to hear that a guest enjoyed their stay. I apologize for the unsatisfactory breakfast, but all of our breakfast items are mandated through Marriott. We do hope to see you again sometime!
New York, NY
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Arrived here memorial weekend for a fishing trip with my hubby around 12am. Bonnie opened up and checked us in. We told her about the fishing trip in 3 hours, she watched our car since we left expensive rods in there. She let us park around the front area. She also had coffee ready for my husband at 4am along with some yogurt and fruit cups to bring with him on the boat. Thank you Bonnie! Hope you boss reads this.

And of course the boat comes back a little pass check out time. They let us check out a little bit late which was really nice. Didn't like to feel rushed. The pregnant lady there was very understanding.

Aside from the awesome staff, the rooms are decent size, good ac, clean, and looks fairly new. The free breakfast is great. It serves the purpose

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Our staff is always going out of their way to accomodate all guest requests. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to welcome you back in the future!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Well my friends and I just wrapped up our annual fishing trip in New Bedford. Marriott you guys in New Bedford know how to treat your guest. First i want to say thank you. We were getting up at 3:00 am. The night associate opened up a quick breakfast so that we could eat something on the run. Sure wish I could remember her name. She was fabulous. She was on duty over Memorial day weekend. The cookies in the evening didn't hurt either.

Every year My friends and I trek down to New Bedford to porgy fish and every Year we all look forward to staying at the F airfield. You guys never disappoint us. Please tell the staff how much we truly appreciate their effort. Being GREAT does take some effort and you continuously hit the nail on the head every time. J W Marriott would be very proud of this staff. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Thanks again
Dennis Phillips
MD

Room Tip: Harbor view will give you a scenic view of the fishing vessels.