“in the spirit of the whales”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Bedford
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a quaint hotel, near the front see that transports you to the spirit of the whales.

Very well located, near the down town New Bedford, is a very clean place with kind collaborators, ready to help you all theb time.

Good for the Money.

Room Tip: upper rooms are silent.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Julio F,
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love the title of your review “in the spirit of the whales"! Our town of New Bedford is full of history and totally worth a trip! Beautiful cobblestones streets, historic homes of ship captains and of course the whaling museum! Glad to know that you were able to take in all that we have to offer and we hope to have you back when traveling again.
Thank you very much!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is close to the waterfront, and central to all of the cultural parts of New Bedford. It is a mite difficult to access due to urban redesign of streets that has not yet been updated on GPS devices, or Apple's Maps app. However, the rooms are clean and relatively spacious; bathrooms are cramped. There is free wifi throughout the hotel.

There is a gym with treadmills, a stationary bike, and an elliptical. Pool is small, and NOT designed for laps. Breakfast is included.

Staff is friendly and contentious. If I am traveling through New Bedford (or simply visiting) again, I would certainly choose this facility

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello WGibson648,
Thank you very much for taking the time to do a Trip Advisor about your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our hotel and that you will come back! We love to see that! Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

A great hotel up to the Marriott standard. Located by the harbor, I had a stunning view of the pier and fishing boats. I got this side of the hotel (the other side is a main road) because I wanted a quiet room. They gave me everything I wanted to make my stay a peaceful one. It is walking distance to the historic downtown and the Folk Festival which is why I was there. The room seemed new and had blackout curtains to keep out the sunrise but when I opened them, I got a stunning picture of the sun rising over the fishing boats so keep your camera handy. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean and quiet as promised. An added attraction were the 4th of July fireworks over the harbor. I was surprised to get a free hot breakfast (scrambled eggs, waffles, toast and bagels) because if you are even offered a breakfast in an ordinary hotel in America, it is usually a doughnut. It was heavy on the carbs and sugar, but you had some relatively healthy choices from the buffet table and most importantly, the coffee was good.

Room Tip: On the harbor side, at the end of the corridor away from the elvators, higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford. We are happy your stay was enjoyable and the room made your stay a comfortable one. The complimentary breakfast is great, and I'm happy you enjoyed it! We hope to see you again for next years Folk Festival!

Sara Haslam

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. This hotel was reasonably priced and in a great location. Located right across the street from the local wharf, the hotel provides a beautiful view of the wharf, water and boats. The rooms were clean, comfortable and have a trendy design...thumbs up to the designer!! The staff was very friendly and provided great suggestions for local places to eat. We were thrilled to find a brick oven pizza joint (see separate review) and enjoyed the seafood restaurant on the wharf. The continental breakfast was extensive with lots of options for hot and cold food. Another great advantage of this hotel is that there is a local boating company that provides a direct ferry to Martha's Vineyard. So you can literally walk across the street from the hotel to get on the boat. Unfortunately, we did not know this prior to arrival and took the ferries from Hyannis (see separate review). Overall, the was a great stay for a great price! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the wharf.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear GeorgiaPeach26,
We hope you and your family had a great time on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. We are very happy to see that the stay with us went so well and everyone was comfortable. Our location is great for visiting year round but nothing beats the summer months when you can walk to downtown to sit outside and enjoy the view. We hope that next time you and your family are visiting the area you think of us and choose to stay again; we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ok room, pretty loud air conditioner, but in all a good value for the money and location. Wouldn't want to spend a week here but fine for a night or two. Was happy with the breakfast. Staff was nice but little under staffed during 5:00 check in time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Paul S,
We are glad to see that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. I hope you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer besides our breakfast; indoor pool, walking distance to great restaurants and the great Whaling Museum. We do hope that you choose to stay with us again when back in the area.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Staff was very friendly, especially the worker in the breakfast area. The breakfast was just enough to get you started on your way. Loved to make my waffle right on the spot, and my mother loved when I made her some hot chocolate with whipped cream. I was impressed with the small pool and jacuzzi too. Once you turned the knob on the wall, the jacuzzi started bubbling to relax my muscles from a long day of walking at Martha's Vineyard. The fitness center was great as well. Loved running on the treadmill to work off the waffles I ate ... lol. The beds were very comfortable too. If possible, request room 301. It overlooks the docking area for boats and provides a pleasant view of the water. I'm sure different people may have different experiences here, but my experience was that this hotel is a nice, professional place that will make you feel welcomed away from home. Kudos!

Room Tip: Request room 301
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello BERNARD D,
Looks like you and your family had a great stay with us this summer! Getting to take the Ferry to Martha’s Vineyard as well as enjoy all that our hotel has to offer. We are very happy that you had such a great experience and felt comfortable during your stay. I know the breakfast hostess will be delighted to see that all her efforts are working in the kitchen.
We hope you that when you and your family are thinking of visiting New England/ Cape Cod area again you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

had to go to my daughter's high school graduation and this is a good choice for Tabor Academy parents as it is not too expensive and you get breakfast with the room. A good budget choice for a business traveler as well, If you need a clean generic hotel this is it. I stay at 200 hotel nights per year from basic to luxury and this is a good basic choice

Room Tip: ask for the new building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Robert G,
I hope you had a great time at your daughters High School graduation! Congratulations to her! It is great to see that you had an easy and comfortable stay with us and we hope if you are ever visiting the area again you choose to stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites New Bedford.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Bedford
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Best Western Dartmouth Inn
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford? Share your experiences!