“Visiting Family”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Forest Hill
Reviewed 25 February 2013

While the staff was pleasant and very friendly. While the rooms were spacious they were not very insulated for sound between the floors. We stayed on the second floor and was positive a herd of elephants were staying above us. Oddly enough the outside noise (it is situated next to Loop 820) was fine. I also found it odd the toilet seat was almost falling off. You would think housekeeping would notice such an issue. The shower's water temperature was warm, but never hot. My final issue was in regards to the morning breakfast which was pitiful. The continental options were fine, but the "hot" breakfast was anything but and the condition of the food had me doubting the safety of the wafel batter.

The only positive I have is that the staff was indeed very hospitable, but that is not enough to get me to return on our next visit to my family.

Room Tip: If your choosing this location for it's complimentary breakfast ... chose a different location.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Hena M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. We also apologize for the quality of the breakfast. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I've stayed here probably 20 times in the past three years. Best hotel in area, and close to lots of fast food as well as a Starbucks, Denny's, etc. My only real compliant is the horrible Internet service, which is reflected in my three-star rating. Would have been at least a four-star otherwise.

I just called down to the office during my current visit (January, 2013) to see why it was only .25 MB speed (half of even dial up speed) on both hard-wired and wireless. They told me today that they are in the process of changing both cable and Internet providers. If true, I'd be very happy because some of the TV channels are very confusing as well "34-6, 44-1" etc. to get local channels.

If they can truly improve the Internet and cable here this would definitely be my favorite hotel in this area. Not much in the immediate area but hotels and fast food, though I believe there is a grocery store and perhaps other shopping not more than a mile away. Not the best part of town but I feel safe in the daytime at least walking around.

Room Tip: Suites that include fridge, microwave and big sink are all on either end of the building, and a bit...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mcstix
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I have to say I have never slept in a more comfortable bed! Mattress, pillows, and bed coverings were all just right! Upon our arrival we were welcomed by a very cheerful desk clerk who already had our room keys ready for us. It should be noted we were traveling with a group. Our room was spacious and nicely appointed. There was ample room for a wheelchair to move about easily. The breakfast selections were substantial and service did not end until 10:00 a.m. we really liked the tall table and chairs in the middle of the breakfast area. The decor throughout the entire property was nice and pleasing to the eye. There are plenty of restuarants nearby. Although this property is located adjacent to a major highway, noise was not an issue. Whenever we are in this area Hampton Inn & Suites will be our place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Convenient location for us, as it is directly off of I-20. Room was spacious and clean. It was also arranged a little differently than other hotel rooms. The king bed was facing the window and the head of it was up against the wall of the bathroom. Bathroom was very large, shower only with sliding doors- no tub. Staff was very nice. Indoor saltwater pool was a refreshing change. Breakfast had good choices and a very large table to sit at. Only downside was no mini fridge in the room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel is in great location but some of the staff are not helpfull, I went there for 2 days and there was a lot of people making noise in the hall ways, but everything else was ok the hotel is clean and the breakfast nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in a king bedroom. The place was nice and clean and quiet, but had a strangely creaky feeling to it. Creaky is a weird word, but literally the shower (no bathtub) creaked loudly under my feet when I was using it. (I am a 150 pound 5'7 female...weight wasn't the issue) The hallways smelled of a strange chemical, maybe the carpets were new? Not sure. Otherwise, everything was perfectly fine. Would stay again, especially since our rate was pretty far below rack rate.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Travelled with 5-yr old daughter (and her 5-yr old friend) for Baptist State BTU Congress in Fort Worth, TX. Stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites. Hotel lobby inviting and desk staff extremely polite, courteous and helpful. Rooms clean, spacious (especially for two 5-year olds) and well stocked. The beds were wonderful. Free wired internet a plus. Breakfast was great and the breakfast staff did a wonderful job keeping foods stocked as there were a great number of tenants for the hotel during this time. Location within walking distance to several fast food restaurants (including McDonalds for the kids). Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Radisson Fort Worth South
#75 of 114 in Fort Worth
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Worth - Medical Center
Hampton Inn Fort Worth Southwest Cityview

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill? Share your experiences!