“Worst Internet speed ever (Unfortunate because everything else is awesome)”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Forest Hill
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My title sums it all up. The hotel is near brand new, the rooms are awesome, the staff was okay (I normally get blown away by folks in the Hilton family of hotels), everything was great.... except the internet speed.

So this is not me complaining, this is be telling the truth. The internet speed is below dial up speed. I called the front desk and talked with their sales manager briefly about it. All they could say was "sorry, we know it is terribly slow". The sales manager told me they are working on getting a new provider / contractor. So until that happens I wouldn't even consider this hotel.

In fact, I had a 3 night reservation and quickly checked out after day 1 and switched to another Hampton a few miles down the road.

This truly would be a 5 star review if the internet was even half way decent. But for a business traveler serving hotel, the internet issue is absurd.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Hena M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at our hotel; your comments are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was of concern. We have contacted our internet provider to troubleshoot any problems, in order to offer better service in the future. If you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider staying with us.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was truly one of the nicest hotel that I have ever had the opportunity to stay at while away from home. With family in the West South and SouthEast regions we are fortunate to travel quite a bit. I have saved the hotel business card in my reference folder for future use and recommendations to other friends.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

My family and I have stayed at Hampton Inns many times over the years. The experience is always terrific. Staff pleasant and helpful. Rooms are priced well for a family on a budge. Rooms are exceptionally clean, and most importantly the bathrooms are spotless and well maintained. I would recommend this particular hotel to firends and family--as a matter of fact I have already recommended it to a work associate. Oh, did I mention convenient access to multiple highways, shopping, and eating establishments.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have been to several Hamptons but this one seemed to be several notches below the others. Dirty sheets, low quality bathroom consumables and below quality buffet. The staff did try to make things right by changing the sheets but I would have expected some kind of discount and another room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hena M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We have fixed the sheets issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This was our first stay at this Hampton Inn at Forest Hill and everything was great! We had booked two rooms with two queen beds and both rooms were clean, large and everything we expected. This Hampton has two elevators, pool, and all the amenities we have come to expect at a well maintained Inn. The breakfast was each morning was perfect. If you enjoy a good meal then this buffet was sure to please. Just some of the options were two or three cold cereals, with low fat or whole milk, hot oatmeal, with brown sugar, eggs, bacon, sausage, make your own waffles (the best by the way) and much much more.

I had ask for two rooms close together on the top floor and that is exactly what we received. Over all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor away from I-20 traffic.
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is the 4th time we have stayed at this hotel. The hotel is fairly new, and is in great condition. Everything is in good repair. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed there for a nearby wedding. Accommodation were great. Breakfast was delicious. I love the waffles. You provided a room for the wedding reception people to have a get-together after the wedding. That was great.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queen size beds. It was perfect for us. Some of our family members had suites...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Radisson Fort Worth South
#73 of 114 in Fort Worth
Hampton Inn Fort Worth Southwest Cityview
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill? Share your experiences!