“good experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Forest Hill
Reviewed 12 November 2013

this hotel is located just off the highway. It's a good location for a business trip to Fort Worth. It's not the best location, but there are a couple places you can walk to if you wish. I had the view of the pasture as well and it is nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel had a nice big room (King Bed with Sofa Bed). The room was clean, the bathroom was large and clean. The breakfast was sub-par. Food was depleted early and not replenished very fast. Trash cans were full and not emptied. Hot water in the lobby was luke warm for hot chocolate or tea, on several occasions. Had to ask for napkins to clean up spills several times. Again, that trash can had not been emptied and was too full to put cups and creamers in. The hotel has numerous restaurants around it. I'm glad it was clean, but other than that, just average.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel staff were friendly, efficient, and made us feel very welcome. The hotel itself, room, etc. was clean and well appointed. We enjoyed the breakfast and got helpful tips on restaurants when we asked the front desk staff. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Pros: Double Queen Studio had spacious sitting area, big windows had nice view of open green pasture. Beds were comfortable with nice pillows. Room also had fridge and microwave. Furniture in good condition. Fitness Center has nice equipment. Nice hot jacuzzi. Pool and jacuzzi are both indoors. Complimentary breakfast was outstanding.
Cons: Pool not heated. No towels in pool area even after asking front desk. Manual clock in Fitness Room not adjusted for Daylight Savings change. Men's restroom near lobby ran out of toilet paper. There was 2 empty rolls on the dispenser. Room internet via wifi very difficult to log into using passcode. Room internet was also slow.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank mrmanx
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed 10/23-10/26 - great staff - love the lady that was there for our first two nights - so nice and helpful. Slept wonderful too. Right on Hwy 20 - a little noisy but did not keep us from a great rest. Had trouble setting up the auto wake up call but the lady on duty took care of it for us. She was never raveled - even with a large check sports team - never blinked took care of everybody - wish I had gotten her name. Breakfast was pretty normal - Saturday we ate a little later than usual - about 9:00 and the place was packed - so we ate out. Will stay there again. Thanks Hampton - because the Hyatt cancelled our reservation at the last 24 hrs before arrival and the Hampton Inn took us in and matched the group rate. :-)

Room Tip: Stayed in the King studio - was very roomy and lots of plug ins. 3rd floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynne1948975
Reviewed 26 October 2013

As I mentioned in my January, 2013 review, this hotel is the nicest of the bunch in this immediate area, but the Internet sucks, and this review is mostly to verify that it still does, nearly a year later! I'm writing this from my room and I'm getting .25 mbps. For those of you who don't know, that's half the speed of what "dial up" used to be. Definitely not the "high speed" they claim, nor even close to it.

Last time I wrote a review on this place was January of 2013, and things have not improved since them, though they told me then (and on subsequent visits) that "we will have a new system in soon." That apparently is just BS they tell their customers, but I, who have stayed here enough to hear that same story several times, know it to be false. My belief now is that the owner is just too cheap to do it right and so tells their employees to just tell everyone they are in the process of updating it. It takes more than three years apparently if that's true, because that's how long I've been putting up with this.

Bottom line here is both the TV and Internet are below par. The TV channels are very confusing and not easy to understand where the local channels etc. are.

This place needs to get their act together. I won't be staying here again until they do, and I'll be curious to see if they refund my money tomorrow when I check out per their guarantee, because I am definitely not satisfied, and have finally had it with their "we're working on it" excuse for the Internet, which I've heard several times now over the past three years.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hena M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your guest room amenities. We always try to give our guests increased in room amenities that will enhance their stay. I have passed your comments along in an effort to better our hotel for the future. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again!

Best regards

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed only one night and was very impressed with the hotel itself. Very nice, clean, and the staff was very helpful. The room was very nice and spacious but my only complaint was the bed.. It was extremely firm. My friends who also stayed had the same problem and weren't comfortable either. Overall a great hotel though!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Comfort Suites Fort Worth
#52 of 115 in Fort Worth
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30
Hampton Inn Fort Worth Southwest Cityview

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill? Share your experiences!