“Well worth a visit”

Mindo Canopy Adventure
Ranked #1 of 13 Outdoor Activities in Mindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Mindo Canopy Adventures The best, safest and the origianal canopy tour in Mindo
Nether Heyford
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

What a great way to spend an hour, extremely colourful, interesting and a worthy cause. They even give you instruction on how to handle the butterflies carefully.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nigel M

Sucre, Bolivia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zip along here”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Brilliant fun. The closest I've come to flying, and over magnificent rainforest canopy.
Helpful and encouraging guides who paid good attention to client safety.
A very well organised and efficient outfit.

Visited June 2014
Hudson, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wow! So glad we did this!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I had a blast and will remember this experience forever! It was a beautiful, sunny day, and I suggest you go in the morning, like we did, as it seems to get overcast and rainy in Mindo the second half of the day. There were 12 of us in our group - we were definitely the oldest at 47 and 57 (but still in decent shape!). I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was - 10 lines and walking (er...more like short uphill hikes...in between each line) that took over an hour. We felt like we were able to conquer (at least a little!) our fear of heights. It was simply incredible, and you just have to experience it for yourself! The guides were knowledgeable, helpful, and patient - I fully trusted them. The downside is that they need to warn you about the TIRESOME walking/hiking in-between each line. It was exhausting at times - walking to the next line - with about 15 pounds of gear hanging between your legs that you need to hang on to. Some of the young 'uns were clearly having a difficult time, too. So just be prepared for that...it's definitely worth the trekking if you're up for it!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Veronica122
Bluffton, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very safe with bilingual guides. Great with kids! Totally worth the price and the rough drive to get there. We went early in the morning and it was worth it- didn't have to wait at all!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank lourabonita429
Toronto, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“So glad I did this!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was definitely scared to do this, but it was also something that I felt that I had to do. I wanted to conquer my fear of heights, and I figured this was as good an opportunity as any. I'm still surprised that I did it! In addition to my husband and me (we were clearly the oldest in the group), there were 2 young Canadians and a family of 4 from Cuenca. I definitely had some problems between line 1 and line 2, and thought that I wasn't going to make it. In addition to the fact that it's a fairly steep walk, my legs were still trembling! But I also realized that once you start, you basically have to continue. I'm glad I was wearing long pants - I did get a couple of bites - they weren't mosquitoes, but they did itch for a long time. I was also glad that I was wearing a good pair of walking shoes. The guides were very safety conscious and also helpful. A couple of times, they took some of my gear and carried it for me - that helped a lot since I was dragging some of it along as I walked.

Overall, a fabulous experience!

Visited February 2014