“nothing special”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“nothing special”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

A nice little walk, but compared to other waterfalls it's nothing special. Spend your 5 usd somewhere else.

Visited April 2014

Coimbra, Portugal
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Soak in the uniqueness of it all”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The cascades or cascade should I say because I only had time to see one aren´t better than many other I´ve seen (the ones in Banos are much more spectacular). The reason I´m rating this very good is because of the whole radical experience we had with the imense downpour and narrow passages with no protection whatsoever. Surreal.
We were lucky but it´s easy to understand how other people can seriously be injured and most likely you´ll be on your own because I´m not seeing the tarabita guys being of great help.
We came in from Quito at the end of the morning and were leaving the next afternoon so we had no choice but to endure the heavy rainfall if we wanted to see anything because apparently it rains every single afternoon in Mindo.
Be prepared and at least try to protect your documents because the rain really penetrates through anything, backpacks included.
One final note about the transportation that will allegedly save you an half hour longer hike (on top of the 7 kms to reach it), the "tarabita" is amazing and worth the experience but since the last call is at 4 pm or 4:30 you half to arrive really early if you want to see more than one cascade because the timings they refer to are by no means feasable unless it´s dry and you´re a good hiker.

Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Beautiful waterfall!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We hiked here from Casa Divina Lodge (a great place to stay in Mindo!!). It was really a beautiful waterfall. And, if you are lucky, you will find some super beautiful ducks paddling ferociously against the current.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank kangaroo2010
Boston, MA
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Waterfalls”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We took the cable car over to this set of waterfalls. It's quite the hike, but definitely worth it. I liked that you were able to swim in the waterfalls, but was slightly disappointed we couldn't jump in due to the high amount of rain.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kaykay
Brecon, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful walks ”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I only had a short amount of time to visit the waterfalls so unfortunately did not manage to visit them all. The cable car across is great although it doesn't last long! There are a number of different walks you can do - all of which start at the same place so lots of going back on yourself. I went to the nearest couple of waterfalls - the walk is not too challenging (good idea to borrow the boots from the hostels if you don't want to ruin your shoes) I saw people of all ages and levels of fitness doing it. Another advantage is the fact that the trails are so long and secluded that they never seemed crowded when I was there.