“Leo the guy that runs the place hit me with apot on the head”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mindo
Cabanas Bambu, Mindo
Ranked #21 of 46 Speciality Lodging in Mindo
quito
“Leo the guy that runs the place hit me with apot on the head”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Last monday I went to Mindo with my best friend and our two $ years old sons. We decided to camp at Bambu. Leo the guy that runs the paklce from the beggining started treating us in a way that we didnt like. One morning he woke up in a bad mood and after we argued for a while he picked up a pot and hitted me in the head in front of my baby. I called the lady owner and she wont even car what happen and wont give me Leo,s full name so I could file a police report. Then the dutch owner called me not even from his telephone and said that I am not allowed in the hostal anymore and hanged up without even listenig to my side of the story.
To raped up this upsetting story Leo's wife said that she will send some SICARIOS our way to take care of us. Since that day my boy is been acting stangely and I can tell that this situation really affected him. I dont recomend this place unless you wanna be treated like animals.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank QuitoAldo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I stayed here for a week and was impressed by the cleanliness, location and Leo and his family. He is the groundkeeper and he showed us tucans and a chocolate finca of his friend. His kids are fun and we miss them. The kitchen is open air and it is spotless and we cooked often. The decor is clean and comfortable. We can hear the river silently passing by us. The bathrooms were clean and had hot water which helps Mindo's weather. I enjoyed staying here and would return. We arrived at the bus station and took a $2 taxi ride which is 5-7 minutes. However afterwards we took a 10 minute strolled to and from the town. If you want comfort, quiet, and tranquility, this is it. We even had free wifi in a cloud forest.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends