“The night walk with 'Carl' is better!”

Lago Mindo Frog Concert
Ranked #8 of 27 things to do in Mindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Nightly tour of the gardens by flash light. Frogs, toads, spiders, fireflies and more!
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“The night walk with 'Carl' is better!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Ok this is a night walk! That's all it is, the name makes it sound a lot more fancy than it is. There is a big pond and you can hear a lot of frogs, you get a shot glass of wine - 3 sips at most - not a glass! And can listen to the noise then the guide takes you on a walk for an hour to see frogs and insects. It is good, but actually the night walk with Carl is much much better! I saw so much more with him, including nocturnal mammals and he speaks English so can explain the things to you, at Mindo Lago they only speak Spanish and talking about frogs and insects is very technical language so I couldn't follow! You can book the night walk with Carl at the 'birds of paradise tour operator' in town and I would recommend this instead. Though of course if you have time and like nature like me - do both!

1 Thank Sarah M

Rochester, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A nature walk at night”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Don't let the name fool you... it's a concert.... but really more of a guided nature walk at night. We saw frogs, toads, insects, snakes, and spiders. By far my favorite attraction in Mindo as I love to learn about different creatures. We did the tour in Spanish... don't know how the English guides are.

Visited June 2014
At my desk
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lovely location, great guide, very cute frogs”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A great little tour, the frogs are lovely and there are lots of different types to see. We also saw a variety of different insects and wood that was covered in bioluminous bacteria so it glowed in the dark (which was actually really interesting and freaky). Our guide only spoke Spanish (and my Spanish is really terrible) but you are in Ecuador, and he was really looking hard for things for us to see and obviously cared about our experience. I actually preferred him to our guide in the Galapagos who spoke perfect English but was over it and clearly wasn't interested in finding critters for tourist.

Visited June 2014
Wasilla, Alaska
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Loved the Frogs”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Really enjoyed the tour and talk about the frogs and other creatures in the area! We should have requested an english translation. We were able to understand the majority of the talk but I think we missed some very interesting details.

Visited February 2014
Crawford Bay, BC
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“One of the coolest things I've ever done!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

An evening in a gorgeous setting, the frogs chorusing as it gets darker, followed by a terrific talk and a short hike through the jungle seeing remarkable things.

Visited January 2014