“best anniversary dinner”

Lago Mindo Frog Concert
Ranked #8 of 28 things to do in Mindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Nightly tour of the gardens by flash light. Frogs, toads, spiders, fireflies and more!
Reviewed 1 August 2014

went there for our anniversary. had a wonderful steak dinner out on the water. the owner gave us the floating table as an anniversary gift instead of making us pay the extra. the frogs sing nice and the tour afterward was informative. lots of reviews say order before dinner. but we ate before the concert to save time and that worked out just great

1  Thank Mark E
There are newer reviews for Lago Mindo Frog Concert

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our family enjoyed is informative night time activity. Beautiful place. Cheap. Good guide. Nice night noises.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Ok this is a night walk! That's all it is, the name makes it sound a lot more fancy than it is. There is a big pond and you can hear a lot of frogs, you get a shot glass of wine - 3 sips at most - not a glass! And can listen to the noise then the guide takes you on a walk for an hour to see frogs and insects. It is good, but actually the night walk with Carl is much much better! I saw so much more with him, including nocturnal mammals and he speaks English so can explain the things to you, at Mindo Lago they only speak Spanish and talking about frogs and insects is very technical language so I couldn't follow! You can book the night walk with Carl at the 'birds of paradise tour operator' in town and I would recommend this instead. Though of course if you have time and like nature like me - do both!

1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Don't let the name fool you... it's a concert.... but really more of a guided nature walk at night. We saw frogs, toads, insects, snakes, and spiders. By far my favorite attraction in Mindo as I love to learn about different creatures. We did the tour in Spanish... don't know how the English guides are.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A great little tour, the frogs are lovely and there are lots of different types to see. We also saw a variety of different insects and wood that was covered in bioluminous bacteria so it glowed in the dark (which was actually really interesting and freaky). Our guide only spoke Spanish (and my Spanish is really terrible) but you are in Ecuador, and he was really looking hard for things for us to see and obviously cared about our experience. I actually preferred him to our guide in the Galapagos who spoke perfect English but was over it and clearly wasn't interested in finding critters for tourist.