“Nice Atmosphere and Good Food”
Review of Caskaffesu

Caskaffesu
Ranked #16 of 34 Restaurants in Mindo
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Mindo is already a nice town to visit and Caskaffesu adds to the wonderful atmosphere with a clean, comfortable cafe and B&B. The food was good, we really enjoyed the outdoor seating in a garden setting and the fireplace in the evening.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Sat amid the plants in the quietness enjoying a coffee and ice cream. Always the best place to go for coffee in Mindo.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The food is bland and overpriced, as are the drinks. When a member of our party sent his soup back, he was told it was fine and there was nothing wrong. Three others at our table also had the soup and only ate it because we were REALLY hungry, but it was very bland.

My friend ordered empanadas. They were the smallest flattest empanadas I have ever seen.

This place is also a hostel - The rooms are musty and poorly laid out. There is no place to put your clothes. If you like living out of your suitcase and don't mind roughing it, this is the place for you. Otherwise I found several other places I will try next time I'm in town.

The room was cheap, but still not a good value.

The owner helped us with reservations to several attractions. The lobby is quaint.

2  Thank Marianna P
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have trouble pronouncing the name of this place but I really enjoyed my stay and meals here. The owners are very friendly and helpful with setting up birding tours and other area attractions. The menu is varied and everything we ate was freshly prepared and yummy. I especially liked the vegetarian dishes, coffee and homemade desserts. The rooms are sweet and simple with good hot water. The outdoor garden is pretty and a nice place to sit and eat. One can even see birds there flying around the plants.

1  Thank alishungu04
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Good food in a clean, friendly atmosphere. Owned & operated by an Ecuadorian / American couple. We suspect the fully occupied rooms out back are among the nicest in town.