“Lovely people AND nice coffee.”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Mindo
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: German, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: You will find a little but cozy cafe with a corner for fine crafts and arts from Ecuador. The coffee is prepared with a Gaggia Nera, and the fine foods by the owners.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Jenny and Ingo have a lovely place here and are perfect hosts. I was lucky to find them just as i arrived in Mindo. They are v helpful with advice about Mindo, directions etc..,. Coffee is perfect, all food is homemade and v tasty. The veg smorgasbord is recommended. Great place to relax on the v comfy couches and just listen to the river. The hummimgbirds come in droves near dusk and are great to watch.

Ingo S, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We are happy you stopped by and enjoyed the hummingbirds and the coffee. You do that again one day, please. Thanks for the nice words. Genny and Ingo

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This couple, Genny and Ingo, rock! The coffee they have served me was the best. The food they serve is all home made, very tasty, comes with a refill if needed, and with the friendliest service i have ever experienced.
They bend over backwards to make you feel home, to serve you the freshest food and drinks and to help you and entertain you with everything possible. I was there on a saturday and the live-music was a very nice experience. The place was full, people sitting together, chatting, listening to the music, eating drinking - a great vibe.
Thanks so much for running this great place like you do.
p.s. The HummingBagel - a bagel and sandwich shop they have opened in Mindo is as great and the food is delicious. And Ingo's beetour a must!!!!!

Ingo S, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hey my dear bee-friend. We are happy we could help making your stay here in Mindo nice. I drop a line when i need help with the bees, ok? Ingo

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My first morning in Mindo, I found this place for breakfast, which was delicious. Wonderful homemade bread, several homemade preserves, etc. What really made my expereince incredible, though, is that the owner, Ingo, invited me to come with him to introduce some new queen bees to hives he had going. So, right after breakfast, I suited up in bee gear and headed out to see the hives. I stayed in Mindo for a week, helped out here and there with the bees, hung out and watched the myriad of hummingbirds that visit the feeders while drinking real delicious coffee, and also chatted with Ingo and his lovely wife, Jenny. They also helped out with all sorts of logistical issues such as sending letters (they are basically the post office), finding a good birding guide for a good price, and the somewhat tricky series of buses I had to take to get to Canoa. Ingo and Jenny certainly greatly improved my visit to Mindo, and are just great folks to boot.

Ingo S, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi beekeper. The queens almost all made it. And nectar is flowing like hell. Glad you liked your stay with us. We sure did! Ingo

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We walked in straight off the bus and were very glad we did. The food and is coffee great, the vibe is relaxed and welcoming, there are hummingbirds flitting and Genny gave great advice on where to stay and what to do in MIndo. We ended up eating at the Beehive twice, and once at their sandwich shop the Hummingbagel. Both are strongly recommended.

Ingo S, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We are happy we could make your stay here in Mindo pleasant. Come back any time! Ingo

Reviewed 24 May 2014

It was pouring rain and we were hungry. Went to the Hive for dinner, had the board - so good, diverse samplings of all kinds of food. And the Beehive also functions as a post office. Great company from the owners and other guests, easy to mingle and share travel stories. Very memorable night out of the rain.

Ingo S, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. And thanks for the "thumbs up".