“Yoga, Raw Food and Hiking comes together in bliss....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mindo
Casa Verde Raw Yoga Hiking Retreat
Ranked #7 of 47 Speciality Lodging in Mindo
Melbourne, Australia
“Yoga, Raw Food and Hiking comes together in bliss....”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Casa Verde, located near Mindo Ecuador, is a must visit retreat for anyone interested in yoga, raw food and hiking/walking. The beautiful property, owned and operated by Wendy Green, is possibly one of the most beautiful settings for a relaxing, restoring and cleansing break. Set in the cloud mountains you can switch off from the hectic world and take time to regain balance in your life - something we ALL need!

Studying in India herself, Wendy's knowledge of Ashtanga Yoga is exceptional, and with only 4 guests staying at one time, she caters for beginners right through to the more seasoned yogi. And who doesn't love practicing on an open deck in the middle of a forest - soaking in nature with every breath...... Daily assisted practice, along with walks, hikes and relaxation time allowed for a very balanced break for me.

Wendy's knowledge of Ayurveda, nutrition and sustainability is also incredible and she is willing to share all of this information with you. I was lucky enough to have an extended stay with Wendy and the learnings, growth and transformation I experienced were beyond my expectations.

The raw food at Wendy's home is all locally sourced and delicious to say the least! Her home has a wonderful 'home away from home' feel, and Wendy and her dog Rio make you feel relaxed from the minute you arrive.

A wonderful place to get away and most certainly somewhere that I want to visit again with my husband or mother....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KathB_57
jungleful, Owner at Casa Verde Raw Yoga Hiking Retreat, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you so much Kath. You were a wonderful guest in every way. I actually felt sad when you left. Please come again and let me know if there is anything I can help you with . To your total well being. Wendy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wendy opens her beautiful home in the Andes Cloud forest to guests at her raw food, yoga and hiking retreat. Her investment in the spiritual and physical health of her guests is enormous. Through videos, books and teachings my eyes were opened to a very different way to think about nutrition which will change my physical health forever. We practiced Astanga yoga every morning for 90 minutes, and most of the classes were one on one or very small group. Wendy's instruction was excellent, and I feel that I made great strides in correcting my form on postures I have done incorrectly for years. We also hiked daily through spectacular trails in the rain forest of varying degrees of difficulty. The retreat was near the charming town of Mindo where I took a tour of a chocolate factory and a butterfly farm. I also had the chance to interact with many Ecuadorians as I accompanied Wendy on the tasks of her daily life. I came to the retreat very burnt out. After my weeklong stay I left feeling invigorated mentally and physically and inspired to make many positive changes in my life style.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LittleLynne
jungleful, Owner at Casa Verde Raw Yoga Hiking Retreat, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much. It was a great pleasure to be your Host, Teacher and Guide this week. You were a lovely, easy going and enthusiastic guest. I look forward to seeing again when you need a little "re-boot". To your total well being, Wendy
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Casa Verde is the location of Wendy's Yoga, Raw Food, and Hiking retreat, designed as a way for people to completely disconnect from the outside world, relax and cleanse their bodies. Ashtanga yoga every morning was led by Wendy, who is a great instructor and provides hands-on adjustments to help push you further (the retreat is limited to about 4 people). It's amazing what a difference can be seen after yoga every day for a week! She prepared raw, plant-based meals for breakfast/lunch/dinner, never failing to provide something delicious and nutritious - I loved it. The surrounding area is a jungle cloud forest - green, quiet, with a large variety of flowers, birds, and butterflies. It's really like paradise. The nearby town, Mindo, is about an hour walk from Casa Verde (15 min drive). The hiking has spectacular views and ranges from easy to hard in difficulty. The nearby river also offers many opportunities for water activities such as tubing.
All-in-all, this was a GREAT way to cleanse and relax - my boyfriend and I both felt amazing at the end of our week here. My yoga improved, my body felt healthy, and my mind was free from clutter like emails/internet/to-do's. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karolina727
Thank you so much. I am really happy you both enjoyed being here as much as i enjoyed having you as guests! I loved your enthusiasm for the yoga, raw meals and hikes ! And Rio thanks you for taking her for morning walks along the river. I will let you know when my recipe book is finally ready!! :) To your total well-being, Wendy
Waialua, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for 7 days this past February for a solo trip after a deployment. I was looking for something to decompress, get away from everything and clean up my mind and body. Wendy and Garth made me feel at home in their dream of a house and provided a wonderful experience and experience with raw food and Ashtanga yoga. I was at first a little nervous and had no idea what to expect when I arrived, but I kept an open mind and fully embraced the experience. The uneasiness of payment method and having to taxi 3 hours into the "jungle" faded away fast. From the moment Martin picked me up at my hotel and drove me through the Andes to Casa Verde, I knew I was in good hands. The hiking in the local area was beautiful, Wendy and Garth provided amazing meals, and I feel as though I could reach back to them for advice and recipes now and in the future. The yoga sessions each morning were amazing to experience outside on the wooden elevated deck overlooking the forest. We visited Los Bancos, the city in a cloud, Tulipe, a historic cobblestone ruins and the local Mariposario. I left with a clean body and mind and with a renewed energy for everything. My transition hotel La Casa Joaquin was also an amazing place to stay before and after my time with Wendy and Garth.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carly S
Thank you so much. We are so happy you enjoyed your retreat here in the Cloud Forest and your time in Ecuador. You were a lovely guest and it was a pleasure to teach you about Ashtanga Yoga. I will finally be able to get you some of those photos we took! :) Best wishes on teaching yoga now and in the future. To your total well being , Wendy
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at Casa Verde in the beautiful Mindo cloud forest this past February. This was just what I needed to recharge my batteries. Wendy Green provided an amazing experience with wonderful homemade raw food crafted from fresh fruits and vegetables. Yoga sessions each morning were expertly guided with care to accommodate my level of experience. My room had large windows that looked onto a backdrop of a vibrant rain forest and just a few steps away from the house, there is a breathtaking waterfall. Everywhere you looked, there was wondrous flora and fauna. A visit to a local butterfly farm completed the experience. I cannot say enough about the attentive care from both Wendy and Garth that ensured that my stay was memorable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tpiszcz
Thank you so much! You were our first guest in Ecuador (after 8 years in Honduras) and we couldn't of had a nicer Person. You inspired me every day with your gracious determination. And it has been a pleasure to know you have continued a healthier lifestyle and continued to stay in touch even after all these months. To your total wellbeing, Wendy