“the place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 19 Mindo B&B and Inns
Florida
“the place to stay!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Our Moon book dont have this hotel, but a taxi driver recomend this hotel to us... and for us was a really paradise (paraiso), !! is a place for relax, our room was great, confortable, hot water, the food is great, have a big pool (we dont use it, was cold), the hummingbird garden is the best!! we spent hours there!! this a hotel to relax and be unplugged. but you can bring your laptop and have wii fi . is NOt close to the Mindo downtown, if you want to go to other place (waterfalls, canopy, etc) the hotel can call a taxi (the taxi rate is $.4.00 aprox) Lorena (the manager/reception) was so nice with us!! very helpful, gave us all kind of recomendations (activities, restaurantes, etc) and the kitchen/garden staff is very friendly!... we highly recomend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank M0renaMia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Quito
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My name is Roger Ahlman and I live and work as a free lance birdguide in Ecuador since 2005. I have stayed at Septimo an uncountable number of times with groups and I just love it! This is - to me - one of the two-three best lodges in Ecuador (San Isidro and Wildsumaco are the others). Friendly and service-minded staff, no problems with 4.30 am breakfast. The current administrator Lorena is great as was the former (Lily). The grounds are great for birding and the lodge sits at a convenient place for making daytrips to Milpe, Silanche, Angel Paz, Tandayapa valley and Mindo. No need to stay elsewhere and change lodge, stay here and you're fine.
Food is good and the rooms are spaciuos in a rustic yet very charming way.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Roger_Ahlman
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2011

The only good thing about this lodge is its setting. It is not luxurious, rooms cramped and uncomfortable, we didn't even have a chair. Meals no better than school dinners in the 60's in UK. There was no hair drier, no room to hang or dry wet clothes..and it is in a cloud forest. If the website warned you that it was basic, run down and tatty then expectations would be lower and it would not be such a shock. The whole place was damp and my clothes in my suitcase still smelled damp when I arrived at my next hotel.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank harley1980
Ohio
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Our family spent 3 days at Septimo Paraiso during the Christmas holiday. We were there on Christmas and it was a time we will never forget. Not only did I wake up in a beautiful specious room, overlooking a garden; but the food was delicious. We enjoyed Christmas eve dinner with the owner and other guests and we all felt like family. Loraina who is the manager was SO helpful in arranging rides for us (to go to ziplines, into Mindo, and birding)...even on Christmas day. We also hiked on the trails surrounding Septimo Paraiso, enjoyed their jacuzzi (it was too chilly for the pool) and loved spending time in the seperate building where there was a pool table, bar, couches, and fireplace. A perfect Christmas!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Happyguestohio
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I was here four nights with a birding tour group. The eco-friendly lodge is very comfortable with attractive Victorian decor and very pleasant lounges and dining room. The food was good and the hummingbirds at the feeders are wonderful. Internet was available but it was very slow.

But my stay was soured when I discovered that $200 had vanished from a billfold that was inside an inconspicuous pocket in a tote bag in my room. I had counted money carefully after our last stop, thinking ahead to what I needed for end of trip tips,and I knew exactly how many bills I had left of each denomination. Yes, it was my own fault. I should have taken the money to the desk for safekeeping, but the incident certainly taints my opinion and I have to say No on a recommend.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank NevaP
Septagroup, Owner at Hosteria Septimo Paraiso, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience you had with your valuables at the lodge. We offer safekeeping service at reception, we have a safe to store all valuables. I have investigated the matter with the staff of the lodge; most of the them have been working for us for several years; but we did not get any conclusive answer. However I removed the chambermaid in turn to the laundry section, she maintains the same salary and hours of work. With this action we hope to give a sense of security to our guest and leave a precedent among the employees.
London
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Not only is this one of the most spectacular nature spots on the planet - all the more valuable because it has been reclaimed from pasture land - but Septimo Paraiso is also a great model of "eco-friendly" tourism, with lots of attention paid to recycling, biodegradable materials and environmental education. I wish Ana Lucia and her team all the success in the world.

Dr Wayne Visser
UK

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Fishers, IN
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I stayed at this lodge along with 10 other members of a bird watching group. The accommodations are clean, comfortable, safe and the service was excellent. The buffet dinners were some of the best food we had on our trip to Ecuador - I especially liked their juices, soups and desserts.

Stayed March 2010
1 Thank aster7835
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mindo
Las Terrazas de Dana Lodge
Mindo Coffee Lodge Spa
Mashpi Lodge
Mashpi Lodge
#1 of 1 in Pacto

Been to Hosteria Septimo Paraiso? Share your experiences!