“Yum!!! Friendly service!”

Mishqui Quinde - Sweet Hummingbird
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Mindo
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: Our main produce is quinoa pudding - served with hand made ice cream and fruits. We also make the best quinoa burgers in town as well as chop suey and other dishes - all quinoa based.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went twice for ice cream. Ice creams and sorbets are tasty and mostly made with local fruits. The passion fruit/basil and peanut are especially good. Quinoa pudding is different and worth a try. The real draw is the service - I sat and chatted with the owner for an hour and he told me all about the business and quinoa and gave me a few extra samples. Just a half block off the square.

1  Thank KateH1313
There are newer reviews for Mishqui Quinde - Sweet Hummingbird

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just back from having the quinoa burger and vegetable chop suey, accompanied by 2 delicious quinoa spiced drinks (lemongrass and cinamon (I think!) & some other good 1stuff). Had 2 types of helado de paila to finish - both great.

Everything was priced very reasonably. Restaurant is only open Saturday and from 11 - 4 Sunday. As tomorrow is Sunday will definitely be going back again! Owner is very nice and knowledgeable about Ecuadorian food.

Highly recommend this restaurant for homemade healthy vegetarian food.

1  Thank LoopyLouRTW
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My fiancée and I had trouble finding this place when we asked about it in town, but then we saw it when walking on our way to the Quetzal Chocolate Tour. We had lunch at Mishqui Quinde right before leaving Mindo and we were very pleased.

My fiancée had the quinoa burger and it was delicious. I was pleased with my quinoa soup. They let us sample a quinoa beverage that seemed to blended with lemongrass and ginger, and we ordered a glass of the refreshing drink. We finished everything off with some quinoa pudding topped with a passion fruit sorbet. Everything was great!

Not to mention the family that owns the place is really kind and friendly, and offered us great service. Don't miss it!

1  Thank Matthew V
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The quinoa pudding and icecream was delicious. A gorgeous place to sit and enjoy Mindo. The owner is really friendly too. Loved it.

1  Thank Gemma F
Reviewed 25 July 2014

After sampling a few different varieties of home-made ice cream, quinoa pudding with fruit (9/10) we ordered a passion fruit with basil cone (9/10) and a fig cone (9.5/10). Great conversation with the owner. So good we had to go back the next day for more just minutes before our bus left the station. The owner also has a shop in Quito on Gaspar Villaroel and los Shyris.

1  Thank kstephen