“paradise”
Review of Hosteria La Perla

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Las Tunas
Hosteria La Perla
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Las Tunas
Ojai
“paradise”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Visiting La Perla made our visit to Ecuador so rich. Monica is lovely and so knowledgeable about the ecology of the area and then to top that off she teaches an excellent yoga class. I can't recommend La Perla enough.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was lucky enough to stay two nights at La Perla and I loved every second of my stay. The buildings and grounds are are very well thought out , designed, and maintained! I stayed in #5 and the sounds of the waves can put anyone into relaxed sleep. The beach at La Perla is miles long, pristine and uncrowded and I spent two full days collecting the multi colored quartz that dots the beach. The owner Monica is a very intelligent and thoughtful person who is very concerned and active in the world of conservation and all the details of the hotel are thought out with nature in mind. It really is a rare find this La Perla... If rest and comfort are what you need, La Perla is the place to go! I will go back as often as I possibly can... Thank you Moni!
I LOVE La Perla!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Situated right on a wonderfully long and pristine beach next to Parque Nacional Machalilla with only the sound of the surf to provide a soundtrack. Went for 4 nights and stayed 9 nights. Stayed in a lovely cabana with its own bathroom and two balconies for less than my windowless room in Quito. Great breakfast with real, home-roasted coffee. Monica is a wonderful host with a marine biologist´s treasure of knowledge and enthusiasm for the local marine and coastal ecology and wildlife.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mikedaly8101
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Like the name would suggest, the Hosteria La Perla is just that - an absolute pearl. I stayed 2 nights in this wonderful hosteria and could not have asked for a more relaxing time, with a wonderful welcoming hostess and staff. The sound of the pacific waves almost caressing me to sleep at night is something I shall treasure forever. A true Pacific pearl and a place I look forward to visiting again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My 9 night stay at La Perla was simply amazing. The service, rooms, view and peacefulness of La Perla make it a great value. The rear gate opens up to your personal path to the beach (less than 60 seconds away) and the sound of the ocean will lull you to sleep at night. Monica couldn't have been a more gracious host. She arranged all of my day trips (diving and hiking Isla de la Plata, whale watching and a horseback trip into the cloud forest in Machalilla National Park). Each trip exceeded my expectations! The village of Las Tunas and it's beach are the perfect place to recover from a long day of sightseeing and exploring (It's just minutes from Puerto Lopez). I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We spent 5 nights at La Perla, Las Tunas after a week in the Oriente and couldn't have asked for a better place to relax. Monica and her fabulous staff took great care of us while we were there and helped us get the most out of our stay. We took a day trip to Isla de la Plata which we recommend if only to see the blue footed Boobies! Another day trip was to "Bolo de Oro" - an indigenous, community run, eco-project. During this guided walk in the coastal forest you could see monkeys and toucans if you're lucky, but there are lots of other interesting things to discover. Our guide was great and as part of the tour you have dinner at his Mum's house!
La Perla has surf / body boards for hire to play in the surf and plenty of beer if you prefer to relax in a hammock on the beach for the afternoon. Massages are a bargain and if you like Yoga it's free every morning with Monica.
We highly recommend La Perla for a friendly, relaxed and comfortable escape on the coast.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevthescot
Frisco, Colorado
Reviewed 29 August 2010

After traveling ecuador for a few month with my wife and kids we stayed at a variety of hotels and hostels one of the most memorable hotels we visited was hostaria la perla. it is a very relaxed and peaceful ambiance great for some R and R with a good book. I would return to this paradise next year if we hadn't already set our sights on Brazil but some day i will return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
La Buena Vida Hotel- Ayampe
Finca Punta Ayampe
Finca Punta Ayampe
#1 of 13 in Ayampe

Been to Hosteria La Perla? Share your experiences!