“Perfect spot at one of Ecuador´s best beaches!”
Review of Viejamar Hostel

Viejamar Hostel
Quito
“Perfect spot at one of Ecuador´s best beaches!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed at Cabanas Viejamar for 3 nights and after travelling through South America for several months it was the perfect place for me to relax, sleep incredibly well and enjoy wildlife and the beach! I just loved the place :-) The owner Rodrigo is a wonderful person, very helpful, speaks perfect English and is a very entertaining person. Viejamar is directly at the beach and has a nice small pool! It was great to use wifi in my room and enjoy some good movies in the lodge from time to time. Rodrigo helped me to organize trips to Isla de la Plata and Agua Blanca / Los Frailes - both were great! Viejamar is outside of Puerto Lopez in Las Tunas, but this is definitely a plus - the beach is cleaner and not crowded. You can take surf lessons (with Rodrigo) or do horseriding. I can definitely recommend the place!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Kerstin_Quito

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was weary of travel to a third world country and was very pleasantly surprised with the accommodations at the Cabanas Viejamar. Rodrigo the owner was a pure pleasure the whole trip and really made my experience grand. There are a lot of beautiful tropical flora and our Cabana was so very close to the ocean. Provided was a nice big palapa with hammocks which made for the perfect sunset watching. Offered as well for a great price and high value were surfing lessons. Rodrigo was a great teacher and I was able to surf in-spite of my great fear of the water! My vacation was not near long enough and I am marking down the days until I am able to return. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Las Tunas. Rodrigo really made you feel like family and at home.

Room Tip: All rooms are of equal quality and any would be a great choice.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Flalula T
Montana
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed here for 4 days and loved every minute of it. Rodrigo, the owner, made us feel at home every single minute we were there. The place is just what I had pictured! Rodrigo has fresh herbs and all kinds of amazing flowers and trees! The path that leads to the beach has a big palapa with hammocks, this is where I hung out most of the time!
Breakfast is included, eggs and bread. Beer and waters are on the honor system.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank fussypants7
19350
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My peace corp volunteer daughter and I stayed here for three nights.
Friendly hosts clean rooms great water and beach

Highly recommend

#2 of 4 in Las Tunas
Hosteria Guachapeli
Hosteria Guachapeli
#1 of 4 in Las Tunas

Been to Viejamar Hostel? Share your experiences!