“Best coffee in Ecuador”
Review of Carpe Diem - CLOSED

Carpe Diem
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We went twice to Carpe Diem during our stay in Montanita. The first time for lunch, we shared a Pizza Verde, cheese and spinach, with a beer and a glass of amazing fruit juice. This was the first time we found good expresso coffee in Ecuador. Although a producing country, Ecuador seem to export the good coffee. The second time, we went back at night and we had pasta and risotto. Everything was excellent and with two glasses of wine, it only cost $25. It is one of the best restaurant in Montanita, with owners from italy and Spain. We highly recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank SylvanoT

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

The food was freshly prepared and authentic Italian. Excellent fresh dough pizzas. Risotto was rich, creamy and hot - like it should be.
Service quick and friendly
Only slight let down was the Demi litre of House white (bit of a head shaker and I suspect out of a box)

2  Thank Reedois
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I ate at Carpe Diem 4 times on my stay of only 4 days in Montanita. The pizzas here are the best I've had in 5 months of travelling! The house red wine is really good and at an amazingly cheap price. The staff are friendly and efficient which is often hard to come by also. Lastly, the prices are very reasonable for such great food. If you want a great meal and nice wine, you cant miss this place.
from Sarah and Jose the australians!

3  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I wish I could have eaten more than once at this restaurant. I'm very picky (critical) of Italian restaurants, so I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and authenticity of the food. We had a delicious appetizer of lightly battered mariscos (not greasy!). This was followed by a huge salad, an absolutely delicious pizza and pasta pesto. We also consumed 2 glasses of wine and 2 beers. We couldn't eat it all! Final bill: $31

2  Thank travellover5704
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We ate at Carpe Diem twice while in Montanita and were very impressed with the quality of the food / excellent service.

Eggplant Parmesan - Creamy and more like an eggplant lasagna. A favorite.
Lasagna - I loved this. More of a creamy sauce - very flavorful.
Pizzas - Kids loved their pepperoni and wanted more. The seafood pizza won rave reviews.
Starters - Fried seafood appetizer was very flavorful. Their bread and olive-oil based toppings were excellent.

We had hit-and-miss meals at some of the more popular tourist-trap places in Montanita. Carpe Diem was a great find and one this family with small kids would highly recommend.

3  Thank Steve D