I am 20 years old male
I went out here with my brother, 19, to enjoy the beauty of the Ecuadorian Amazon jungle for 5 days and let it be known that it really was a fantastic experience!! We stayed in one of superior suite meant for two, and the interior design and sheer architecture of the housing were accommodated to was all very right. At night when its time to sleep the design of the room I stayed in and the other suites from what I saw walking back and forth on the grounds have walls of bug screens practically surrounding you in your suite, which allows you to listen in on the loud but incredibly soothing sounds of the creatures that live just on the other side of those screens. The food!!! It was a three course meal every meal, beginning with an appetizer>main course> dessert!!. The chef there is a swell guy too and his choice of meals never lost my appetite and I'm a very picky eater. As for the activities, we were grouped up with other folk, and guided by naturalist and local guides who knew the area very well. It is really amazing what they spot out in the day and night treks we took across the jungle. I don't want to go too much into details about the activities because it'll ruin the surprise, but I simply cannot fail to mention the lagoon that engulfs the front of the Lodge, I mean you have to take a 10 minute cannon across of the lagoon in order to get there, so beautiful and the tranquillity is immense if you want it to be that way, of course you can go swimming in the lagoon!! I say this is simply the best lodge out there!!!! Thanks for reading this review I hope it stays true if decide to go!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge is the perfect Reserve for all kinds of travelers. We offer naturalists - wildlife tours, special birdwatching programs, honeymoon trips and family excursions, all in harmony with the rainforest around you.At La Selva, guests are given the opportunity to explore intricate trail systems led by both a local Native Guide and a bilingual Naturalist Guide divided into small groups in order to maximize overall experiences. La Selva’s guides are the key to fulfilling and captivating outings because they already know the area well hearing, seeing and even smelling things guests cannot, they are passionate about the jungle and their years of experience make all the difference between an acceptable tour and an astounding tour in the Amazon.Native guides are from the local communities and behold an awesome amount of ancestral knowledge about the AmazonThe Naturalist Guides that lead guests through the Amazon are bilingual and have studied and trained for many years in order to become a Naturalist and National Park certified guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your La Selva Amazon Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Selva Jungle Hotel Yasuni National Park
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park