Sani Lodge is incredible, after the three hour boat ride along the Napo, switched to a canoe for a twenty minute paddle to the lodge itself. Cabins adequately equipped with mosquito nets over the beds. Hot water on tap. Food is superb, in my experience the best food I've eaten anywhere, it really is that good. Our local guide Orlando possessed wonderful field skills, picking up birds invisible to me. We racked up over 200 species of birds, five species of monkey, Black Caiman and various insects. If you are thinking of staying in the Amazon rainforest, Sani Lodge is a must. Additionally it is run by the local community.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sani Lodge is the only jungle lodge in Ecuador that is 100% owned and operated by the indigenous Kichwa community of Sani Isla. On the banks of a stunning lagoon, and surrounded by pristine rainforest, packed with monkeys, manatees, sloths, manatees and over 550 types of birds, this superb jungle lodge is a perfect base to explore the Amazon jungle by day and enjoy some real comfort by night. Camping option available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sani Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sani Hotel Yasuni National Park
- Sani Hotel Quito
- Sani Resort All Inclusive
- Sani Lodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park