We stayed at Sani for 4d/3n in February 2014, and had an unforgettable experience. We chose the lodge because of its remote location, reputation for seeing wildlife, and the fact that it is run by the local indigenous community and the proceeds benefit them directly.
From the representatives at the airport, to the transportation by motorized canoe from Coca to the lodge, to the accomodations, everything was perfect. We stayed in a private hut, that ws clean, comfortable, bug-free, and had good hot water and mosquito nets.
The food was consistently wonderful. The tours were flexible and were guided by a native and bilingual guide, both of whom (Freddy and Nelson) were experts in identifying, finding, and explaining unique and interesting wildlife. We had an amazing experience all around, and our only regret wsa not staying longer.
This type of trip is not for everyone, as it is (somewhat) more primitive than some might be comfortable wiht, but it comes at the benefit of being genuinely remote and seeing amazing wildlife. If pressed, my only criticism is the method of payment (either check--expensive to mail--or money order--uncomfortable to send), but this is searching for a negative.
Thanks for being the highlight of our Ecuador trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sani Lodge is the only jungle lodge in Ecuador that is 100% owned and operated by the indigenous Kichwa community of Sani Isla. On the banks of a stunning lagoon, and surrounded by pristine rainforest, packed with monkeys, manatees, sloths, manatees and over 550 types of birds, this superb jungle lodge is a perfect base to explore the Amazon jungle by day and enjoy some real comfort by night. Camping option available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Sani Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sani Hotel Yasuni National Park
- Sani Hotel Quito
- Sani Resort All Inclusive
- Sani Lodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park