“Absolutely breathtaking!!!”
Review of Bimbadeen Estate

Bimbadeen Estate
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I took my mum to bimbadeen estate as a surprise for her birthday, as we arrived we could not believe how wonderful the view was, upon setting in
Our room we were thrilled with how clean and cozy it was, and the attention to detail was great, we loved the beautiful bath and body products and the complimentary bottle of wine, the owner Ray was funny, friendly and attentive and always willing to help us out, he even have us his mobile number in case we got lost!
Our villa had everything we needed even an electric cook top and fry pan so I could cook mum a hot breaky on her birthday!
Our favorite part of the weekend was sitting in front of the fire with a glass of wine whist we enjoyed the view and some quality time together, mum and I have made a promise that we will return every year, we cant wait for our next stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jessica T

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I purchased a deal from Living Social for 2 nights weekend and one extra night. When I purchased the extra night it said nothing about whether it was for a week night or a weekend. I received my voucher which also did not state weeknight or weekend. Therefore I purchased in good faith assuming I could use the extra night on a Sunday night. When attempting to book I was told I had to pay extra for the Sunday night! When I went back onto Living Social they had changed the voucher to state Monday to Thursday. Lucky for me I had already printed the voucher that DID NOT stipulate Mon to Friday. I requested my 3 night stay including a Sunday but was told - get a refund! False and Misleading advertising then changing the deal!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thegarvans
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I've visited Bimbadeen twice now and will continue to go back whenever I can. The gorgeous little property is perched up high on Mt View and has the best views in the whole Hunter Valley!
Ray, the property manager is absolutely lovely and his wine is fantastic. You get a lovely little brekky basket each morning and the rooms have a fire and spa bath, perfect for a romantic getaway. Grab some meat in town and cook a BBQ or grab Ray for a wine tasting and a chat. It's the perfect peaceful escape from our hectic city life.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed for three nights from 28th January with some best friends to celebrate a 70th birthday. We purchased the package from Living Social at a discounted rate. To be honest we were not expecting to be treated as a normal full paying guest and were pleasantly surprised with our warm welcome from Ray, the Owner, wine maker, Office Assistant, Pool Cleaner, Comedian,Chef, and all round fun guy.
Our rooms were lovely and clean with beautiful views over the valley and overlooking his grape vines. Our room was cleaned daily and we were supplied with a picnic basket for breakfast each day. We were also given a complimentary bottle of wine, Which was just lovely. Our daily swim in the pool was most enjoyable after having cellar doored most days. Nights were a perfect temperature and sharing wine and stories and a BBQ with our host Ray was a special treat for the four of us. Definitely going to be a yearly destination now.

Room Tip: We checked out all rooms and even though layout in some was different all had lovely vies.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights, and really enjoyed it. I thought Bimbadeen estate was great value for money and had all the comforts you need. The lovely spa bath, which easily fits two people even has great views! There is a great bay window inside which is a great spot to have breakfast at or alternativel the views from the balcony were great and i enjoyed snapping away especially at Sunrise- despite the brisky weather outside!

Rooms were clean, tidy, a warm fireplace and even a frypan to cook up some extra for breakfast.
The Breakfast basket had fruit, bread, cereals etc but we added some eggs and bacon to our breakfast it was wonderful to have cooking facilities within the room, though there is a BBQ outside also.

We dined localled at Cessnock one night for dinner with other guests staying at Bimbadeen, and it was the most delightful evening of conversation and amazing food!. This dinner was organised by Ray and it was one of the highlights of my short break.
If Ray offers to order the mini bus and go into town- defintely take it up :)

I found that Bimbadeen Estate was the perfect spot to be based, close enough to head to local wineries and foodie delights, yet very private and not crowded. I like many other travellers, have nothing but praise for Ray's terrific manner as a host! I will definitely be back!

thank you Ray for a great stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Overlooking valley , quiet and comfortable, away from tour buses but close to nature. Walking track, wineries, pool, sunrise and stargazing . Stillness and great spot for getaway. Breakfast basket provided every morning. Thank you host Ray.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Have just spent 3 glorious nights here - magnificent views, great location and Ray is a wonderful host! So relaxed and the atmosphere is great too! Will be back asap....hope to take a few friends back as well as they will love it just as much as we did.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Carriages Boutique Hotel & Vineyard
Cottages On Mount View
Cottages On Mount View
#2 of 4 in Mount View

Been to Bimbadeen Estate? Share your experiences!