“Oily & Disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Eagle Thai

Eagle Thai
Ranked #13 of 18 Restaurants in Eagle Heights
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bamaga, Australia
“Oily & Disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We visited Eagle Thai recently and were really disappointed. The place really lacks in aesthetics. Most Thai restaurants have beautiful decor but this place doesn't. I was willing to overlook this but when our food arrived I felt like I should have gone with my gut instinct & left as soon as we walked in the door.

My Pad Thai was so oily & salty that I felt sick after eating it. My family also felt the same about their meals saying they tasted MSG too!

Staff were quite attentive & our meal did arrive quickly but this is the only positive out of the place. I wouldn't return.

1 Thank VeganMummy

Gold Coast, Australia
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We dined here for the first time last night.
After reading the reviews, this place seemed a bit hit and miss so we thought we would give it a go and make our own decision.
The mixed entree was average. The spring roll practically in edible as it was overcooked. The money bag and Samosa was not the best either. The only thing I can say that was ok was the satay stick which I have definitely had done better at other Thai restaurants.
Our mains were salty and had far too much MSG.
Overall a thoroughly disappointing meal for which we paid over $90.
We definitely won't be returning.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank mooshiemoo
Aus
“Didn't think Thai could ever taste this bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were limited with choices to dine at Mt Tamborine on a Monday night. So we came here thinking we've never really had a bad experience with Thai restaurants, so thought we were making a pretty safe choice. WRONG. We ordered the very common Pad Thai and Laksa. Let's just say I could not even finish the Laksa as it was so salty and normally my husband who is not as sensitive to eat out food as I am, even his tongue was tingling from the amount of salt and MSG that was in our dishes before we even finished. All I can say is avoid this restaurant. They pride themselves as 'Food you can taste', that's because they put so much salt in there there's nothing else you can taste! $50AUD down the drain for the worst Thai food ever.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jenn_xoxo
Silverdale, WA
“BEST Thai food we've ever eaten!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Had the sweet and mild massaman curry. Both of us thought we'd died and gone to HEAVEN. I added a second order to take home, it was so good! The pad thai (add extra veggies for $3) was EXCEPTIONAL. I have not made it to Thailand, but know WONDERFUL flavors and excellent, fresh produce when I taste it. This was definitely it!! If you're wondering why 4 stars, I asked for less noodles, more veggies which much to my surprise they charged for. Never encountered this in a Thai restaurant before. Menu said mixed veggies in the description. Then put in a decent amount of mixed veggies, so not having to order extra! Paying extra for what was suppose to be part of the meal lost you a star. Rice does not come with meal either, that was another first for us. HOWEVER, the COCONUT RICE is...too...die...for, and definitely worth the $4. Pitcher of ice water with slice of lime provided free, which is hard to find and a nice touch.

Take out orders and doggie bags: Take out orders are about HALF the serving size of eating in, AND the use of plastic containers that leach chemicals into hot food were used!! I almost refused it. To add insult to injury, they charged 30 cents per container!! Another first for us. PLEASE, get sizable PAPER take out containers for the health of your customers, so they can receive the full value as eating in, and not worry about additional toxic chemicals in our food.

• Visited November 2013
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Excellent home-style Thai food and reasonably priced!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I write this review after an alert to some potential 'nonsense' posted in regard to ET food quality and authenticity. My son and I have been regulars at ET since the early days in location #1 and followed Richard and Doi's progressive moves to the current location #3.

I now reside full-time in northern Thailand and my Thai wife is an accomplished cook of all the various Thai cuisines including Isaan, Lanna and Southern styles.

Thai curries are meant to be 'watery' ... NOT Indian or Indonesian style. In the south, some coconut milk is used for colour (rather than flavour) although canned (carnation) milk is more common.

Eagle Thai meals are not as hot as genuine southern or isaan styles and thankfully NOT as sweet. OMG, Thai's love sugar!

A regular for ~ 9 years, my last visit to Eagle Thai was last year but I will return again soon!

(waiver : I have absolutely no family or financial connection with Eagle Thai).

• Visited November 2012