“confused by previous”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

admittedly the restaurant needs a bit of a facelift but as far as the food is concerned Ive got no complaints. Six of us went tonight and all meals were spectacular. Since the chef died about six months ago, her son has taken over so thenegative reviews wont help him too much. The watresses are all friendly, the chef is now on top of things so I would recommend it to anyone after a delicious meal.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We ate here 3 times whilst on holiday and the food is terrific. Positives- Chicken satay sauce is delicious ( took home a container of satay) spring rolls, curry puffs equally as good. Jungle curry veg at thai hot with coconut rice hit the spot. Sweet sour chicken, che cu curry beef delicious. The waitress serving us was lovely and friendly. Highly recommend. Best thai we've ever had. Sauces freshly made, not that packet stuff!!
Negatives- pad thai was a little undercooked and in the restaurant it was very cold, but the food was so good we ignored the cold. Best place to eat on the mountain!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Unauthentic Thai food, salty,oily poor quality and well overpriced.The cheap produce used showed through and all served by some GRUMPY man that could only grunt.NEVER AGAIN when visiting this beautiful part of the world will my family and I ever ,ever go there.

5  Thank John B
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After seeing display board outside that stated "Winner best Thai Restaurant Gold Coast (? 2012 or 2011) we thought we'd give it a go. Service was slow. Spring rolls oily and over cooked. The stale oil smell permeated the whole building and was a real put off. Mains were equally disappointing, bland and half cooked. If this was one of the best Thai on coast, i shudder to think what the worst one must be like!!

1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We visited Eagle Thai recently and were really disappointed. The place really lacks in aesthetics. Most Thai restaurants have beautiful decor but this place doesn't. I was willing to overlook this but when our food arrived I felt like I should have gone with my gut instinct & left as soon as we walked in the door.

My Pad Thai was so oily & salty that I felt sick after eating it. My family also felt the same about their meals saying they tasted MSG too!

Staff were quite attentive & our meal did arrive quickly but this is the only positive out of the place. I wouldn't return.

1  Thank VeganMummy