Tatahi Lodge Beach Resort
US$141
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewshahei beachhot water beachcathedral covethe kitchentwo bedroom unitpour houseone nighthear everythinggrocery storemicro breweryperfect place to stayshort walkwithin walking distancegarden cottagewished we could have stayed longercomfortable bedlovely accommodation
Reviewed 9 November 2013

For $160/ a night for 3 adults, this room is a steal. It can easily accommodate 6. It is cosy, very well furnished and easily the most luxurious motel room I have stayed, in New Zealand. It is a stand-alone building with a huge and well maintained garden. It is located in a quiet neighbourhood, a short distance to Cathedral Cove. Book early if you planned to stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lenny700
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My experience after staying in tatahi Lodge is strongly positive.

Regarding the staff, the owners of the place were absolutely friendly and kind with me. They are very cosy and they are always trying to make you have a good time. They are also always willing to answer all your inquiries and also to help you with clever advice.

Regarding the facilities, Tatahi Lodge has very nice rooms and common areas that make you feel at home. It is quite nice to share a room with other people because you get to know them, and after my experience there, the people I met were very interesting and nice with me. I really felt as in home.

This cheery lodge is located at one of the most beautiful coasts of New Zealand and it’s close to everything: attractions, market and beaches, including hot water beach and cathedral cove.

After my experience there, I strongly recommend that if you want to have some tranquil days and enjoy the peaceful paradise of Hahei, then the best place to stay during those days, is Tatahi Lodge.

Room Tip: 5 beds rooms at the back of the lodge may be quieter because they are farther from the kitchen
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had two really nice days in the hostel, I just felt like home in the wooden lounge, playing card games and having dinner all together was so nice. And I took full advantage of the mountain bike (the first hostelbike that is actually working properly!!)I feel like I could spend so much more time here, but unfortunately I have to leave.thx fo everything, Katharina

• Stayed: September 2013
DEBBIE E, Owner at Tatahi Lodge Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us. , We loved having you. Enjoy your holiday

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Initially we had planned to stay for one day and then move to another place for another day. However, when we got in and had such a pleasant and warm welcome ... saw the room was so cosy and clean, we decided to stay for 2 nights. Had such a wonderful time. The owner, Richard was ever so pleasant and helpful in so many ways. Highly recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay in Hahei or Hot Water Beach area.

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom motel units are so conveniently located. Laundry room is near-by. Great for families, who may need to do their laundry. View here is excellent!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
DEBBIE E, Owner at Tatahi Lodge Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you , we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and got to experience the magic of Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Near the hot water beach and the Cathedral Cove. Very nice place , lovely rooms and clean. Nice garden. The owner in kind and helpfull. The only problem after 7 o'clock no food around. Well equiped place.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends