“Wonderful!”

Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Hahei
More attraction details
Owner description: The Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve opens up a sea kayaking paradise full of beaches, islands and rock gardens that are just waiting to be explored.Paddle through sea caves, interact with the local marine life and discover the thrill of kayak sailing with the wind on your back. To top it off we land at Cathedral Cove where you will be treated to our world famous cappuccinos and hot chocolates on the beach! Having delighted travellers for over 10 years, Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours are one of NZ's must do activities!
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had a fantastic time paddling the seas and learning all about the area, the sea life and the history! Our guide was fun and knowledgable and he made us a fantastic coffee once we made it to Cathedral Cove. One of the highlights of our NZ trip!

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thanks for your great review! I am very happy to hear that you had such a good trip and that you were well looked after. I always share reviews with the guides and it is always encouraging to have such positive feedback, they will be very grateful. Go well and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We came to Hahei specifically for this kayak tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. The guide was friendly, genuine and offered some good knowledge about the area. My partner and I were fairly inexperienced but this wasn't a problem. We were lucky enough to sight a blue penguin and enjoyed a tea on the beach half way through the tour. I'd highly recommend this tour to all, any age/fitness level.

1  Thank AusTraveller_881
Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Many thanks for your positive review. Great to hear that you enjoyed your trip and that you were well looked after. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This was an excellent trip. The guide was friendly and insightful, giving us heaps on information on the area. We saw some penguins swimming in the water, the entire group was friendly which made it an all round lovely day. The stop off at cathedral cove is wonderful and you get to explore for a bit then have a hot beverage.

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Great to hear you had such a good time kayaking with us. You are right that kayaking can be such a pleasant social occasion as well as an ideal way to see the best sights in the bay. Thanks for taking the time to write your review and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

if the weather is sunny, theres no way this wont be a highlight of your trip. its just a great place with great staff and i cant say enough of how well they treated us.

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

What a nice review.. many thanks from all of us at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours. Your comments are very much appreciated and Hayden was especially grateful for your positive feedback. Go well and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Hiya - I went on your Tour this morning (solo) - had Ginny as our Guide and she was awesome too. I loved it so much I'm going to come back and do the 6 hour Tour - loved the Hot Chocolate at Cathedral Cove (thanks Ginny - service with a smile!!!). It was so much fun and an entirely different perspective from the Kayaks looking at the Coastline - I just loved everything from beginning to end - thanks guys. Mike I'll be calling you to check the weather (a SW is ideal apparently!!!) before I come back. Well done guys - awesome - just awesome!!!!

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Hi Linda, Thanks for your generous review.. Ginney was most grateful for your kind words. We look forward to having you on the Full Day Tour.. give me a call when you would like to book and I'll look after you. Thanks again for kayaking with us and we'll see you next time!