“There is no question, if you are on the Coromandel, you HAVE to go out kayaking with these guys!”

Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Hahei
More attraction details
Owner description: The Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve opens up a sea kayaking paradise full of beaches, islands and rock gardens that are just waiting to be explored.Paddle through sea caves, interact with the local marine life and discover the thrill of kayak sailing with the wind on your back. To top it off we land at Cathedral Cove where you will be treated to our world famous cappuccinos and hot chocolates on the beach! Having delighted travellers for over 10 years, Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours are one of NZ's must do activities!
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This company was so great to work with. I emailed them a few weeks before my vacation and they responded immediately, answering all of my questions, and leaving me a personal cell number to contact them on. When I got to Hahei I texted Mike and he responded immediately. I was able to pay for my trip over the phone and he gave me all the details I needed. We met Hayden on the beach the next morning and he took us on a fantastic tour of the Remote Coast. He was an awesome guide. Super nice guy, very knowledgeable. We loved it. This was the highlight of our New Zealand trip. The Coast is amazing and so beautiful, and to see it from kayaks is an experience you shouldn't miss. We saw a lot of wildlife as well, birds, sharks, etc. I highly recommend this trip, and this company.

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi Logan, what a great review! Many thanks for your positive comments and generous feedback. I'll be sure to pass your kind words onto Hayden.. he will be very happy to hear that you had such a good time on the water with him. Go well and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

First time ever kayaking, amazing experience even though we capsized just out from Cathedral cove,but our instructor was awesome and we had a lot of fun, would definitely do it again!

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hi Gill.. sounds like you had a real adventure out there! Glad that you enjoyed yourselves so much and that you were well looked after. Thanks for kayaking with us and thanks for taking the time to review your trip. See you next time!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was a great trip. We stayed at a resort on the beach and walked to the meeting place. The paddle was terrific for first time as well as seasoned paddlers.

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Great to hear that you enjoyed your kayaking experience with us. We do pride ourselves on catering for all abilities so I am very happy to hear that it was perfect for you. Thanks for taking the time to review your trip. See you next time!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first ocean kayak adventure!
WOW what a fantastic morning.
Thanks to really experienced team we had the best time and would rate it as one of the best days we had whilst in NZ.
The scenery was amazing
As was the hot chocolate on the beach!!!
Thanks so much

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Wow! So happy to hear that you had such a great day and that you were left with such fond memories of kayaking at Cathedral Cove. Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience. Hopefully you have many more great kayaking experiences in the future! Go well and we'll see you next time..

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Did a morning tour with only 3 people and had a fantastic time. Tour guide (Tyrell) was brilliant throughout, with plenty of stories, geology and history lessons both on the water and once we reached Cathedral Cove. Also kayaked to other islands which we were not expecting, giving us extra time in the kayak and allowing us to see more of the region. Coffee on the beach and photos uploaded free on to Facebook both nice touches. Felt the price was a little steep but none more so than all other tourist activities in New Zealand.

Mike G, Owner at Cathedral Cove Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Matt, thanks for your great review. I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto Tyrell.. I am sure he'll be very happy to hear that you had such a great time on the water with him. Thanks for taking the time to write your review, we really do value your feedback. Go well and we'll see you next time!