“below expectation”
Review of Rayland Motel

Rayland Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Manukau
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Staff friendly and helpful but downhill from there. Room was not 4 star , carpets were well over due for replacement, walls were in desperate need of a paint job, no blankets on beds and overall quality was nothing like pictured !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Rayland Motel

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We liked the location (close to shops, food outlets etc), the price was good enough for what we got, the staff were friendly, the bed comfortable (we stayed in Room 14). We didn't like the balcony and paths (made of wood) - very noisy when people walk past. I understand that is not something that can be changed, but thought I would mention it for those wanting quiet in the early morning or late evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I read the reviews & was a bit hesitant on booking. I needed to be out of city early in the morning.situated just off the motorway. Spacious room ( stayed in CBD last week in a 12m2 room). Impeccably clean bathroom & kitchen. Just needed a room. Felt safe, plenty of parking & friendly helpful reception on arrival. All good. Will stay here again at this price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 12 October 2013

customer service was good. room is roomy. good improvement from last time i stayed. i see they have upgraded a few things. Still better then what it use to be. everything was there. Good to see nothing was broken this time round. stains of carpet gone. i think they are really trying this time which is good to see. Could do with an upgrade of curtains. i had a good sleep and good stay.

Room Tip: end rooms like 40 or 21, 20 are good... or nearer to reception...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Place could do with some renovations, cockroaches living in the bathroom area, musty blankets and stains on the pillowcases, not at all impressed.
The location is so handy, but cleanliness is the downfall

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks while working in Auckland and was happy enough with the motel. Certainly not 4 star but my room was cleaned well everyday and my bed was very comfortable. Plenty of dining options within close proximity and the restaurant on site was very good. Would be happy enough to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I booked this hotel through one of booking agencies on the phone. I think it was Expedia. They told me that the hotel was 4 star and there was free transfer to the airport.
When I called them about my reservation they said that free transfer was only free pick up from airport. When I called them for the pick up, they gave me very confusing direction where to wait for their van. We saw the car came and drove away. Called them again but no answer. Eventually the driver came back and I had to run to the car to stop it before it leaves again. Got to our room. It was big and roomy but was old and cold. Kitchen cabinets were broken and there was ants on the bench. Beds were clean. Also there was a highway right behind the motel which sometimes was noisy with traffic. I don't know who gave 4 stars to this motel. It doesn't deserve more than 2 stars. It was not even cheap for what we got. Overall I will never go back there again. And I had to pay $30 to them to tack me back to airport.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter3000travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Manukau Motor Lodge
Grange Motor Lodge
#3 of 6 in Manukau
Ibis Budget Auckland Airport
Novotel Auckland Airport

Been to Rayland Motel? Share your experiences!