“Best Place we have ever Stayed”
Review of Grange Lodge Motel

Grange Lodge Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Manukau
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Best Place we have ever Stayed”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our daughter when we arrived we were warmly greet with hot out of the oven chocolate chip muffins (they were so yummy) our room had been upgraded just because they though we sounded like nice people after we booked by phone and my husband chatted to the owners our room was clean and nice there was a cute teddy on our bed which our daughter was so pleased to have to sleep with the room was warm and very comfortable our bed was great hubby had best sleep he's had in years the grounds clean and tidy and best of all the owners were so friendly and inviting we will certainly stay here again without hesitation Thanks Pat for an awesome experience

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Soper-Family
Bernie T, Owner at Grange Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi Guys. Thank you so much for such a glowing comments..Thank you particularly for mentioning the comfortable beds. The secret is a top quality mattress combined with quilted topper pads. We hope that you can all make it back here again sometime. You would be most welcome.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 7 June rm #6. Just the best service. This is my second stay with Grange Motel an overnight stay for an early morning flight out. I could have stayed closer to the airport but there is nothing in comparison to this motel. Thanks Pat

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tania T
Bernie T, Owner at Grange Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely comments.
It was really great to see you and your friends again, albeit for such a short time. Thank you for noticing the little extras in the unit, many of our best ideas having come as suggestions from guests. We regularly sleep in the units ourselves to experience what our guests experience, which helps us keep on top of things.We look forward to catching up with you again when next you travel down to Auckland
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Grange Motel Papatoetoe for three nights . We had the friendliest welcome we have ever had at a motel, and the Motel was perfect. Bernie was warm and friendly, and the muffins were very welcome. We shall be returning again before long.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hemel68
Bernie T, Owner at Grange Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, which are all the more welcome given that you are seasoned travellers. We very much enjoyed meeting you and were delighted to learn that you had a very restful time in the unit. We see that you are coming back again later this year and are very much looking forward to renewing our friendship at a time when we can guarantee much better weather
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our later than planned arrival seemed to be no problem. The muffins were warm as was the welcome from Pat. We have been to Auckland many times in the past but this was the first time we stayed here at the Grange Lodge. We cannot recommend this place more highly! Roomy, clean, great owners not to mention "Mack" my wife's new best friend. Pat and Bernie are great hosts and can give advice on where to go and what to see in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bernie T, Owner at Grange Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and Mack particularly missed calling around to the back of your unit after you left and as you can imagine made short work of the treats you left behind for him. Thank you for your understanding over what was a difficult time for us and your flood story certainly made ours pale by comparison.
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This would have to be one of the best motels for service we've ever stayed at, from the greeting and warm muffins on arrival to coming back late every evening and finding the curtains had been closed as well as the outside and porch lights turned on to welcome us back. They also had all the little touches that made our stay so comfortable like decent coffee and tea plus the extra toiletries. It is not a new motel but is run beautifully. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bernie T, Owner at Grange Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
How nice of you to review us, thank you very much. I'm really glad you appreciated the tea and coffee we have on offer. It's all beverages that I like myself! We regularly sleep in the units to try and experience what you do which is why there are plenty of toiletries. It's the kind of thing that I would like! We do try and get around and turn outside lights on in the evening, nothing worse than coming back to a dark place. Thanks again and I hope to see you again when next in Auckland.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

wow wow and wow. I'm a fussy child and like to know that i'm getting more for my buck. Bernie and Pat are two of the most beautiful, down to earth, relaxed and easy going motel owners that you could ask for. I had intentions of only one night but I stayed for two in the ending. Macca dog came for a visit every morning and as much as we wanted to give him some breakfast we refrained as mum said he was on a diet. Yes the muffins were warm and such a beautiful touch bit like the owners really (warm, sweet and a special touch). Enough about the owners I might make them blush. One last thing, humble that they would never blow their own trumpet so I would recommend them from the top of the empire state building.

Rooms are dated but they are so cosy, you feel comfortable and relaxed as soon as you walk in and the bed (again im fussy) it's great that you have trouble getting out of it in the morning. Kitchen facilities are simple but we cooked a meal to feed four adults and a pre-school child which saved a few dollars eating out. Its next to a main road but the noise is minimal, there is easy access and very close to different attractions like gardens, markets, supermarket, malls and most of all the airport is close by too.

I travelled 16 days in January around the south island staying in a new place every night and I met some really nice people however I never hugged any of them lol. I hugged Pat when I left so that has to say something right there.

Stay stay and stay, in case your missing my point let me put it clearly. STAY!

I stayed here because of the reviews mentioned here and I hope you do too. As long as Pat and Bernie owns this place i'm going to make this our first stop and last before we fly out.

You get your bucks worth and so much more. Thank you Pat and Bernie

(stayed with 14 year old and 10 month girls and myself)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rukuata
Bernie T, Owner at Grange Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Wow! What a very generous review. Thank you so much for taking the time to do it. We were so happy to play a small part in your family reunion. It was lovely to have you all. I hope our paths cross again. Thanks for not feeding the dog!
Canberra
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The lovely Bernie and Pat were so warm and welcoming when my sister and I passed through briefly on our epic NZ road trip. Bernie even had a plate of muffins waiting for us. I hadn't realised (though a quick check of Google maps would have confirmed this) that the motel is out in the suburbs which are surprisingly reminiscent of Western Sydney where I'm originally from. Pluses include the fast free Wifi, dvd library, overall cleanliness of the place and resident pets. Missing my own furkids terribly I loved having Mack the dog and Sunshine the cat around. If you're after a home away from home you simply must stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bernie T, Owner at Grange Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
It was so great to have met you both on your epic trip around New Zealand. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, it is much appreciated. We are so pleased the Wifi lived up to your expectations. Hope to see you both again one day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Oakwood Manor
Oakwood Manor
#13 of 23 in Mangere
Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel

Been to Grange Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!