“Tourist from India - Very Good Value for Money ,Handy to Airport ,Comfortable Clean”
Review of Allenby Park Hotel

Allenby Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Manukau
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I travelled from India , stayed at Allenby Park Hotel on my way to Rotorua.It is close to the airport took 15 mins only.The in house Restaurant Chef prepared delicious Vegetarian meal specially for me.The Staff were so Polite, so Friendly .They gave me their Latest Upgraded rooms , which had new bedspreads and clean White sheets all new. The toilets were spic and span.
I saw the painter painting, the grounds were maintained , and clean. Internet was present for a small cost , lasted me for 7 days , i paid $5.00 for 7 days.
I will definitely come back here.Murthy

Room Tip: Ask for Business Rooms- i got a Free upgrade and negotiated my price to $89 dollars NZD
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Seenu10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
auckland
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Have just spent a weekend at this hotel as part of a conference. It has been a very pleasant stay. The receptionist was wonderful and in fact I would say these staff were some of the friendliest and helpful I have encountered in recent times. There was a real sense of service as at every meal a smiling staff member walked around checking that your meal was to your satisfaction etc. The room was comfortable and included a desk,although my one comment would be I would have liked an extra place to put our second suitcase. It was cozy with an oil heater and electric blankets. Our room was clean and we found the food in the restaurant good, especially dinner (loved having plenty of vegetables and salads available).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank jakegp
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 July 2012

we stayed here the other night.
first impression was the receptionist was lovely.
we walked to the room and the hallways smelt like they had been wet. when we got to the room one of our party pulled the net curtain back to find a great big cockroach running around
the sky tv was not working as they obvioulsly had not paid their bill.
we had only been given 2 towels for 3 of us.
later on we found another small cockroach.
the bathroom was rather grotty looking.
upon packing our stuff up the next morning the younger member of our group found a empty condom box under the single bed.
the coffee was cold, muesli stale, apple juice fermented and the bread was stale at breakfast.
when we complained all we were told was to fill in a complaint form.
WOULD REALLY NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL

Room Tip: dont even bother considering this place
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank robynf88

Travellers are raving about these Manukau hotels

Dunedin
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed here last week. and the hotel reception staff was very helpful in arranging shuttle for the airport and the food at the restaurant was also good. When we are in Auckland again, we will come back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Robert R
Grand Turk
Reviewed 23 March 2012

You get what you pay for - and this was pretty good value.

Stayed in a 4 bed room, 2 stories with my sister and brother in law and it was fine... shower was superb, hot and powerful. TV was fine, kitchen was clean. Room also clean although my bed was a bit soft. Not sure about the others... Parking was easy, right outside our room and we had two cars. Service was very good, very friendly and took us to the airport at 4:30am no problem. Location is fine to the airport, a little further perhaps than the Bella Vista or Jet but in a car, it's only a minute or two more on the road. You also need to take your car to eat nearby but there's a good Indian restaurant up the road which also serves Chinese.

I would have no problem staying here again... We paid $103 NZD per night for two nights and hey, you can't beat that.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank HollowVictory
Methven, null, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I was due to attend a conference at this hotel so I read others comments. Hmmm do I really want to stay there?? Well, let me tell you, it's not that bad. The staff are very friendly. The rooms, yeah they are very dated, a new lick of paint and new furniture would just add so much to this property. After talking to the lady who arranged the hotel for us, she informed us the hotel had new owners and are in the process of updating. I wish them all the best with their future. The bed was comfortable. TV worked. Bathroom very clean. I was very impressed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Josephine T
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel last year for one night on the way home to Perth. I did notice that there were a few people complaining at the reception about something that had gone wrong for them. The reason given was that the company had new management. My stay at the hotel was okay, although the breakfast was basic, basic, basic. On the 18th November 2011 I stayed there again, I purchased a standard room with a cooked breakfast package. When I presented myself to the dining room at 8.25am I was greeted by a staff member who said that there was no cooked breakfast available. I said, oh okay and went to have a look at what was available for the continental breakfast. There were two loaves of bread, spaced out with plenty of crusts, a small bowl of tinned fruit, a couple of containers of cereal. There were no fresh baked goods (muffins)as advised so I decided to go somewhere else and I requested a refund. When I spoke to Prashida at reception she asked me if I had dined at their restaurant the night before to which I told her I had not. When I questioned this she said if I had she would have given me a refund but there was nothing she could do because they hadnt been paid by Wotif. I said that didnt really matter much to me, I had paid someone a week earlier. During the total conversation both Prashida and the other young woman working the reception continued to laugh and giggle until I finally asked them what was so amusing. During the time I was talking to them I noticed a couple of American people had been listening to my conversation. The american man said to them that this was not funny. The woman also added that it wasnt funny for them either the previous day when they had arrived at the AKL airport to find that the shuttle bus wasnt available to collect them. They said they had spent 20mins on an international cell phone to the hotel to arrive and find out that the booking they had made and paid for wasnt in Silveroaks system. I was very embarassed about the whole experience, I really did not care less about $19 but the point was that Prashida was not prepared to sign a copy of the breakfast refund stating that I could not have a cooked breakfast because they had no chef there. I was continually told that the only person who could or would do anything about a refund was the manager, who wasnt available. Prashida telephoned the manager who said, basically too bad, so sad. No refund, they hadnt been paid by Wotif. Prashida also added that they didnt have any money to pay me a refund. Anyhow, the reason I am writing this is so that other people know what sort of service I received at this hotel. I will certainly not be returning and will tell everyone I know not to stay there either.

Room Tip: Dont bother staying there.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank SharleneR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manukau
Manukau Motor Lodge
Oakwood Manor
Oakwood Manor
#13 of 23 in Mangere
Ibis Budget Auckland Airport

Been to Allenby Park Hotel? Share your experiences!